Literally coming out of the woodwork | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Literally coming out of the woodwork

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I was in Krakow, Poland on the weekend and visited A-u-s-c-h-w-i-t-z. We were on a guided tour. At one stage we were being led through one of the prison houses via an entrance hallway and the previous tour was coming out the same way walking past us. My wife tapped me on the shoulder and said "have a look at this bloke about to walk by us". I look up and here's this bloke in an RFC t-shirt!
Not much time to say or do anything as we were both being led in opposite directions and had to keep walking. I just shouted to him "Go Tiges", and he stopped briefly, smiled, and gave me a thumbs up.
Never saw him again.

Seems we are everywhere. Would be interested to know if the guy is on here.

(Sorry about the dashes in the name - the spelling filter played havoc with the real name inserting Hardwick instead of the h-w-i-t. Why is it doing that? )

zgod said:
Beautiful place is Krakow.

yer my mate got married there a few years to a polish girl , Irish and polish wedding :spin, it finished around 8 am in the morning .lol

23.21.159 said:
I was in Krakow, Poland on the weekend and visited A-u-s-c-h-w-i-t-z. We were on a guided tour. At one stage we were being led through one of the prison houses via an entrance hallway and the previous tour was coming out the same way walking past us. My wife tapped me on the shoulder and said "have a look at this bloke about to walk by us". I look up and here's this bloke in an RFC t-shirt!
Not much time to say or do anything as we were both being led in opposite directions and had to keep walking. I just shouted to him "Go Tiges", and he stopped briefly, smiled, and gave me a thumbs up.
Never saw him again.

(Sorry about the dashes in the name - the spelling filter played havoc with the real name inserting Hardwick instead of the h-w-i-t. Why is it doing that? )

He probably booked his holiday after our start to the season :hihi

I actually bumped into a fellow Richmond supporter in Venice a couple of years ago. We met in the hotel and heard each other's accents, so twigged that we were both Australian and one of us said to the other who do you follow in the footy? My wife thinks I have some sort of radar where I automatically seem to find other Richmond people somehow.

I remember sitting at a bar in Chiang Mai once and got chatting to the bloke next to me who turned out to be a tiger supporter and fellow pre-ender. And it wasn't Chiang Mai tiger.

CMT will be checking out the scene and the Blue Boys Bar

Trafalgar Square about 15 years ago . I've got the scarf on . A guy rides past me on a bike and says "go bombers"!

I Just said "*smile* off".

What gives these people the right , just 'coz we're overseas?

caspar said:
Trafalgar Square about 15 years ago . I've got the scarf on . A guy rides past me on a bike and says "go bombers"!

I Just said "*smile* off".

What gives these people the right , just 'coz we're overseas?

Well played caspar. Bloody Essendrug muppets.

I love hearing stories about the World Wide spread of Tigerdom...

A few years ago , took the fam to the U.S., we were in San Diego , sitting in a bar/ribs joint called Kansas City BBQ...
If you've watched Top Gun a million times like me, it's the actual bar where the scenes with Goose playing piano were actually filmed....it's a tiny place that wouldn't normally see many Aussies.....while we were sitting there admiring all the Top Gun paraphernalia , two guys walk in....one of them notices us sitting at a table, and makes a slow, but deliberate beeline for me....as he got closer, I could see he was really focusing on me,...I'm thinking "what the ....?"...

I was about to tell the family to just get up and bolt, when all of a sudden, in a very heavy American drawl, said..
" Is that the Richmond Tigers?........."
I was wearing a Tiger polo shirt.
I said yes sir.......he said "I knew it........I spent 2 years on contract living in Geeeeelong, and I went to your football, and fell in love with it, and those Tigers"....

The next 10 min was spent talking Togers.... Then the guy yelled out to the barmaid..."Sa dra, get my Tiger friend here a beer...Oh, and anything his lovely wife want.....and those two cubs sittin there.......

After we left, my 12 year old son was all excited... Amazing to be in that bar where they filmed Top Gun wasn't it?...
."yeah dad....but what was even more amazing was that a random American came up to you and bought you a beer cos you we are Tigers....."

Baloo said:
CMT will be checking out the scene and the Blue Boys Bar

Here's a clip of the mighty Ped playing my daughter's guitar with Boy from a few years back.
See if you can spot me just after the 2 minute mark. I'm the old balding fat farang sitting with my mates.
[youtube=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Hb4Qa1Dvk[/youtube]

23.21.159 said:
Never saw him again.

You Shouted Go Tiges in A-u-s-c-h-w-i-t-z ?

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Here's a clip of the mighty Ped playing my daughter's guitar with Boy from a few years back.
See if you can spot me just after the 2 minute mark. I'm the old balding fat farang sitting with my mates.

The boy can play!

Half the crowd were balding fat farangs. I'd feel right at home.