Let's Stick Together | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let's Stick Together

premiers2010 said:
Wasn't it Jerry Hall in the leopard skin suit in the original clip and the fat thing in some take off?

You may well be right.

Did it start off as Jerry Hall and then they swapped?

Either way, I still hate that song.

Let's stick together, c'mon c'mon let's stick together
You know we made a vow not to leave one another never

;D

Those pics of the Tiger.

Best animal on Earth.

Only you could buy a tame one and I would have a few in my house. ;D

Hmmm,Simmo and a leash please.

premiers2010 said:
Wasn't it Jerry Hall in the leopard skin suit in the original clip and the fat thing in some take off?
The boombah was a *smile* take in a Paul Hogan skit.

Streak said:
The only thing with that which disappoints me is that in the late 80's and early 90's we went through the same thing. We had a lot of young players that came to us and crashed who I still believe would have made it with other clubs. The ones that did would have been great players anywhere.

I remain to be convinced that we have addressed our player development issues from back then. So I really hope we don't see it, but I fully expect us to burn through a lot of young footballers to find some good players.

Exactly Streaker. Like you, I want visible proof this time round before I jump and say halaleulyah (or however it's spelt ;) ) The fact is that if Hardwick and co can do it, it will be a modern management and coaching miracle. I'm hopeful but certainly not expectant.

I am a 70 year old Tiger supporter of 67 years. This is a great post and and reminds me of a quote made by our legend Neville Crowe when he was President - "The promise of the future is an awesome force".

Stay positive and stick with it..... I need to go to a few more GF's as I have been lucky enough to see the Tigers win in '67,'69.'73,'74 and '80. More will come... the foundations are in place.

We need more positive posts like this. btw... I have just backed us NOT to finish bottom (yes maybe I AM getting OLD and stupid)

GO TIGERS

rocketman said:
Stay positive and stick with it..... I need to go to a few more GF's as I have been lucky enough to see the Tigers win in '67,'69.'73,'74 and '80. More will come... the foundations are in place.

There aren't many like you on here to be privileged to what you have witnessed, and I take my hat off on the faith you show, at least you can see the foundation, others still require proof.

I wonder whether others are expecting Benny Gale to walk across the Yarra River before they have the faith. ::)

I'm confident we've got the right people behind the scenes. Benny G and the gang are on the right track.
Now just gotta find capable footballers..that's their greatest challenge.

I believe its the perfect time to rally the supporters and start reducing the debt. Surely if Melbourne could do it we can. If we reduced the debt significantly it would be great boost for whole club

rocketman said:
I am a 70 year old Tiger supporter of 67 years. This is a great post and and reminds me of a quote made by our legend Neville Crowe when he was President - "The promise of the future is an awesome force".

We need more positive posts like this. btw... I have just backed us NOT to finish bottom (yes maybe I AM getting OLD and stupid)

GO TIGERS
Thank you Rocketman for your great post.

I must tell you about my history with the Tigs.
I am also in my 70's and I was there for all your Grand Finals too.
We saw the best of the Tigs
that's why we must stick with them together all of us.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I wonder whether others are expecting Benny Gale to walk across the Yarra River before they have the faith. ::)

Hardly difficult with so many bridges available these days - come on get with the times ::) ;D

Phantom said:
Bryan Ferry 1976

Prior to that:

"Let's Work Together" by Canned Heat 1969 (and by far the superior song IMHO)

"Let's Stick Together" [originally written] by Wilbert Harrison 1962

(Wilbert was on a winner considering it was a hit 3 times in 14 years!)