Let's invade the field | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let's invade the field

Is it just me, or is North clearly sending a message here that:

a) they disrespect Richmond
b) they fear Adelaide and probably the Bulldogs too?

This seems to me to be an ill-considered option taken by a coach who has increasingly become more anxious about his ability to survive a poor finals series.

I'm going to make a prediction here. If North lose their first final, they will sack their coach. Contractual obligations will be disregarded. They have topped up an aging list with more aging players over the last two years and I reckon Scott is on his last chance.

BTW, one should never, ever, ever disrespect their opponent. They tend to not take very kindly to it.

TOT70 said:
Is it just me, or is North clearly sending a message here that:

a) they disrespect Richmond
b) they fear Adelaide and probably the Bulldogs too?

This seems to me to be an ill-considered option taken by a coach who has increasingly become more anxious about his ability to survive a poor finals series.

I'm going to make a prediction here. If North lose their first final, they will sack their coach. Contractual obligations will be disregarded. They have topped up an aging list with more aging players over the last two years and I reckon Scott is on his last chance.

BTW, one should never, ever, ever disrespect their opponent. They tend to not take very kindly to it.
Maybe but I hope that is the message that the Tiger players get from it

This is typical Brad Scott, if he was the coach of Adelaide he would be the first to scream, guaranteed.

He is going to be left with a significant amount of egg on his face if they lose twice to the Tigers which to me is the dream scenario. He won't be sacked though, Brayshaw loves him.

North are the greatest "Me Too" in the AFL. Not sure they've ever had an original idea but a quick to jump on someone elses idea if they think it will make them look cool.

Sintiger said:
Maybe but I hope that is the message that the Tiger players get from it

This is typical Brad Scott, if he was the coach of Adelaide he would be the first to scream, guaranteed.

He is going to be left with a significant amount of egg on his face if they lose twice to the Tigers which to me is the dream scenario. He won't be sacked though, Brayshaw loves him.
Despite the fact that he is a large part of the reason that they haven't had more recent success, you're right there. Hates Richmond too for some reason. Remember how he didn't even consider the Richmond coaching job when it was up? Dodged a bullet there, though, IMHO. The lack of respect he's shown Richmond over this has absolutely played into Hardwick's hands.

Panthera Tigris said:
I have seen some discussion on other forums. With the suggestion of some commentators that North Melbourne's virtual second string side could employ unfair tactics - roughing up Richmond's players to injure or bait them into suspensions, to gain an unfair advantage for next week. If this occurs, I think we (the Richmond fans) should take matters into our own hands and invade the field to force the abandonment of the game and send the league a message of what a farce the situation is.

Run on the ground Panthera!
I'll be right behind you.
In spirit

If Norths B team players attempt to injure our players, the media are going to be all over it.
Everyone's on to it and tonight will be watched very closely.
North would be crazy to go down that road.
They would lose so much respect it would drag them down.
I don't think it's going to happen.
This isn't the seventies.

- I also don't believe North are tanking.
They are going to try to give us a bona fide defeat tonight, mark my words.

I reckon the Umpires will come down very hard too. This might be another cruisey game for us where we pile on enough points to reach that magical % level that means we are a real GF contender.

How many goals does jack need to win the Colman ?

DirtyDogTiger said:
If Norths B team players attempt to injure our players, the media are going to be all over it.
Everyone's on to it and tonight will be watched very closely.
North would be crazy to go down that road.
They would lose so much respect it would drag them down.
I don't think it's going to happen.
This isn't the seventies.

- I also don't believe North are tanking.
They are going to try to give us a bona fide defeat tonight, mark my words.
Yeah those second stringers want to impress and maybe sneak a finals appearance, yet another reason why North's tactics are fraught with danger for them.

my thinking on this issue

we get to beat the entire nrth melb list across two weeks

not just their so called best 22 but their entire list

smile them and their entire club

and our club president is so much better stronger and shows more care about the game and their club president does

tigers by > 50 pts tonight

nswtiger said:
my thinking on this issue

we get to beat the entire nrth melb list across two weeks

not just their so called best 22 but their entire list

smile them and their entire club

and our club president is so much better stronger and shows more care about the game and their club president does

tigers by > 50 pts tonight

I hadn't thought about it like that

If we do... That's gold!!

Beat em this week and next week, I'm getting on Twitter
"Got anyone else North?"