Let's invade the field | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let's invade the field

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I have seen some discussion on other forums. With the suggestion of some commentators that North Melbourne's virtual second string side could employ unfair tactics - roughing up Richmond's players to injure or bait them into suspensions, to gain an unfair advantage for next week. If this occurs, I think we (the Richmond fans) should take matters into our own hands and invade the field to force the abandonment of the game and send the league a message of what a farce the situation is.

Yes. And throw bananas onto field, set fire to stands , have running street battles with the oppo.. Did I miss anything. Do tbey still throw darts?

ToraToraTora said:
Yes. And throw bananas onto field, set fire to stands , have running street battles with the oppo.. Did I miss anything. Do tbey still throw darts?

#passion

Certainly not all those extra curricular activities TTT. Just a peaceful boots on the ground show of solidarity, that we won't tolerate this kind of perversion of sportsmanship. Particularly given that it is putting us at a serious disadvantage, when fair and square, we've finished in a higher position than North.

Not your best work PT. Don't agree at all. Would make the situation even worse.

The AFL just need to make sure the umpires umpiring the game are hot on any untoward activities early. Perhaps a red card system needs to be bought in for teams resting players.

Sintiger said:
My view is that the best response is to smash them two weeks in a row.

This all Day..

how better to get some revenge from a string of losses to North than to beat them back to back weeks. First one on a fast track, the same dimensions at Punt Road, and the second time on a balmy Saturday at the home in front of a HUGE and loud MCG Tiger army (assuming GC dont win and assuming we play next Sat - early prediction of 22 degrees !!!)

tigertim said:
Not your best work PT. Don't agree at all. Would make the situation even worse.
Knowing our luck, such action may result in the AFL sanctioning the club and stripping just enough points to send us into 9th.

Panthera Tigris said:
Knowing our luck, such action may result in the AFL sanctioning the club and stripping just enough points to send us into 9th.

Or it could send a message

We need to organise tribe roles to coordinate our attack. I'll gather the Vietnamese gymnasts to form a human pyramid in the centre square.

Just to be clear, the OP PT isn't the PRE Player of the Year PT.

Baloo said:
Just to be clear, the OP PT isn't the PRE Player of the Year PT.
Ah, correct, i was mistaken.

So we have a Pantheris Tigris and a Pantheris Tigris FC.