Key Forwards taken in the National Draft 2016 on | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Key Forwards taken in the National Draft 2016 on

Fawcett looks like a natural footballer. Looks to have both an aerial and ground game with above average iq.
That from very limited exposure and a lack of a proper preseason.
A lot to like but wouldn’t be resting on our laurels and would draft the best key forward this year.
Yeah, I'd be taking a forward in the first round. Was more thinking why May as well. We have Grey, Fawcett, hopefully a first round forward. Then Lynch, Kosi (2 more!), Bauer, Lefau. That's 7 spots without May.
Kosi as a defender perhaps.
Seems like a lot of chips for 2 positions, even with a few question marks. Gonna be a fun 2 yrs ahead.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I'd be taking a forward in the first round. Was more thinking why May as well. We have Grey, Fawcett, hopefully a first round forward. Then Lynch, Kosi (2 more!), Bauer, Lefau. That's 7 spots without May.
Kosi as a defender perhaps.
Seems like a lot of chips for 2 positions, even with a few question marks. Gonna be a fun 2 yrs ahead.
Can’t see how May doesn’t end up a far better player than Kosi.
I’m looking for a back up power forward which I don’t think Bauer or Lefau satisfy. They’re more your mobile third tall.
I’m not sure on Grey. Need to see more but club says they’re working very hard on his athletic traits which I find interesting

Reactions: 3 users
Fawcett was surprisingly darn quick and agile for his height watching him in the VFL.

Definitely something to work with.

Armstrong with our 3rd pick which is hopefully 9-12 but I doubt he will be there

Let's begin with Round 1. What should a key forward look like if he's taken in R1 of the ND? How will he turn out? How many hits are there? And misses?

Here's a list of key forwards taken in the first round of the National Draft since 2016-

Year
Round
Pick
Now?
Player
Drafted to
2023​
ND1​
3​
Jed Walter​
Gold Coast​
2023​
ND1​
9​
Ethan Read​
Gold Coast​
2023​
ND1​
10​
Nate Caddy​
Essendon​
2022​
ND1​
1​
Aaron Cadman​
Greater Western Sydney​
2021​
ND1​
19​
Jacob van Rooyen​
Melbourne​
2020​
ND1​
1​
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan​
Western Bulldogs​
2020​
ND1​
2​
Riley Thilthorpe​
Adelaide​
2020​
ND1​
4​
Logan McDonald​
Sydney​
2020​
ND1​
26​
Matthew McLeod-Allison​
St Kilda​
2019​
ND1​
3​
Luke Jackson+~​
Melbourne​
2019​
ND1​
18​
Mitch Georgiades​
Port Adelaide​
2018​
ND1​
2​
Jack Lukosius​
Gold Coast​
2018​
ND1​
4​
Max King​
St Kilda​
2018​
ND1​
6​
Ben King​
Gold Coast​
2017​
ND1​
12​
Darcy Fogarty​
Adelaide​
2016​
ND1​
16​
Todd Marshall​
Port Adelaide​
2016​
ND1​
19​
Tim English​
Western Bulldogs​

I've included the rucks who play(ed) forward.
Great summary. 5 of those in the top 11 for average goals kicked per game this year.