KB in the Rooms [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

KB in the Rooms [Merged]

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/videoid/54737/in+the+rooms+-+kevin+bartlett/default.aspx#VideoPlayerB

KB's pre-game speech.

Just came across this on the AFL website.

KB made a pre-game speech to the boys last weekend.

http://www.afl.com.au/Video/tabid/76/videoid/54737/in+the+rooms+-+kevin+bartlett/Default.aspx#VideoPlayerB

A good watch & listen!

Great to listen to and more importantly, everything he said about young players is true.

They were dark years the 1950's and early 60's. My family lived in the country and we only saw a few matches each year. We went 11 years without seeing ONE Richmond win. We made a special trip down in 1954 because we were playning Fitzroy in front of the Queen - we had to win that one. Guess what !

Couple of those fellas in the background have hair-cuts from the time when KB was winning flags for the Tigers.

Bet the Doobie Brothers and Eagles got a good working over in their car on the way back!

Mr Pumblechook said:
Couple of those fellas in the background have hair-cuts from the time when KB was winning flags for the Tigers.

Bet the Doobie Brothers and Eagles got a good working over in their car on the way back!
Grateful Dead might get a run too 8)

Cutterst said:
Great to listen to and more importantly, everything he said about young players is true.

They were dark years the 1950's and early 60's. My family lived in the country and we only saw a few matches each year. We went 11 years without seeing ONE Richmond win. We made a special trip down in 1954 because we were playning Fitzroy in front of the Queen - we had to win that one. Guess what !

Billy Barrot got sucked into brawling instead of winning the game.

Cant access it for some reason, can some great tiger person stick it up on YouTube for me....ta

Have heard one senior player from when KB started saying that they were so bad in the 50's/60's that they used to run a victory lap if the won the toss!! A joke of course but the similiarities between then and now are stark.

Great speech by KB that hopefully the young fellas take to heart.

Ghost of 29 said:
Have heard one senior player from when KB started saying that they were so bad in the 50's/60's that they used to run a victory lap if the won the toss!! A joke of course but the similiarities between then and now are stark.

Great speech by KB that hopefully the young fellas take to heart.
Agree

Great stuff.
Ben Griffiths will remember that day forever.
Not only a speech like that but then a win to top it off

Great to see KB back in the fold.

As much as he has been petulant at times, he is a tiger legend and we need people of his ilk talking to the young guys about the glory days. Give them something to aspire too.

Must be a bloody popular clip I keep getting the cant display due to popular demand message.

Cutterst said:

There is now a generation that has lived the same experience. Hope their love for the Tigers has been passed on as your own was.

gustiger12 said:
Great to see KB back in the fold.

As much as he has been petulant at times, he is a tiger legend and we need people of his ilk talking to the young guys about the glory days. Give them something to aspire too.

Hear Hear!
He said it so well too - no over the top stuff - just down to earth.
Being old enough to remember all those times - it really gives me an extra bit of hope too about this new team.

It's a shame KB spent so many years with the sulks - but great that he's back.