Just wondering | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Just wondering

nitrotiger said:
Which state has the very worst footy fans ? I reckon the croweaters....
My cousin lives in WA and he claims it's the West Coast supporters, but yeah the Croweaters are pretty feral.

i have been to every state except W.A.

Adelaide was bad when we won last year, think we were 20-30 up most of the night and they were ok and quiet, then they come back and hit the front i think with 6 minutes to go and they were suddenly abusing me and yelling and being complete wankers to me and the missus.

I thought i had the last laugh when martin put us 9 points up with 30 seconds to go----turned around and all i saw was backs walking towards the exit.

CarnTheTiges said:
My cousin lives in WA and he claims it's the West Coast supporters, but yeah the Croweaters are pretty feral.

Agree with your cuz. Lived a couple of years in WA. West Coast supporters are worst I have encountered. Been everywhere except Brissy.

KiwiTig said:
Agree with your cuz. Lived a couple of years in WA. West Coast supporters are worst I have encountered. Been everywhere except Brissy.

Lions fans are pretty polite, happy when they are winning, not too sour when they are losing.

Have heard Crows fans are next level but never been to a Tiges/Crows game.

Bombers fans pretty ordinary.

Hawks fans for me though. Buddy and Cyril are Jesus until they leave/injured - then its just racial spew about them.

KiwiTig said:
His view may be coloured by the fact that his father-in-law played for South Fremantle and is a life member of Fremantle. His mother-in-law followed West Coast initially, but then jumped ship to Freo as soon as they entered the competition.

Adelaide fans and in other sports, those in Illawarra\Wollongong.

When I used to watch basketball and go on interstate bus trips with the Nth Melbourne Giants, we had the team bus trashed by the locals after we won. A few years later some local idiots threw some punches and called some of the girls on the bus unpleasant names relating to loose morals. We then got told by their management to get out and stop picking fights!

In Adelaide we were spat on, had fruit juice box drinks thrown at us along with jaffas (they hurt) and other assorted lollies. They all went to waste, because who could trust where those ferals had their hands before they threw them!

Adelaide fans are poor losers, have a massive chip on their shoulders and hate richmond. I can't work out why, i know they hate to acknowledge our size and stature in the game but they really hate us.
Power fans on the other hand are easier to deal with as they have been kicked a fair bit whilst down, *smile* teams, tarps etc.
Crows fans are narrow minded imbeciles.

Old lady crows fans are the worst I have ever or am ever likely to come across. Have no idea and can't handle someone supporting another club. disgraceful. They take umbrage when you give it back too, as though they are untouchable. Stupid hags.

Feral fans are everywhere. They are one of the things that make this game so compelling.

What I don't get is the penchant that fans of both the Perth teams have for standing up and waving at the camera whenever they think they are in the background as the play goes past them. Watch their games closely, everyone from little children to men in their sixties will do it all game long. You very rarely see it anywhere else.

It is like the seats have little springs in them that eject the occupant in some sort of random pattern.

Not quite on topic, I know, but it really makes games in Perth annoying to watch.

zgod said:
Adelaide fans are poor losers, have a massive chip on their shoulders and hate richmond. I can't work out why, i know they hate to acknowledge our size and stature in the game but they really hate us.
Power fans on the other hand are easier to deal with as they have been kicked a fair bit whilst down, sh!t teams, tarps etc.
Crows fans are narrow minded imbeciles.
They just hate anyone not from SA. My Dad had a mate who followed Melbourne and he went over there to support them once, he came back with some fairly scary stories about how opposition fans were treated. He'd been to other Melbourne games interstate, but the worst he ever experienced was in Adelaide.

Baloo said:
Tullamarine.

The question was 'which state'.... not 'which parallel universe'

I've heard of visiting supporters at a Crows game being told by the coppers to quieten down....for their own protection

Mac said:
The question was 'which state'.... not 'which parallel universe'

Questions about which state of mind right ? That has to be the Tulla mob

Baloo said:
Questions about which state of mind right ? That has to be the Tulla mob

No doubt. The most delusional paranoid not our fault bunch of malcontents in the universe.

I cannot express my dislike for them enough.

As an MCC member, I say Melbourne MCC fans.

Ignorant. And painful when they beat us.

God, it's fun encouraging them all to sing our song when we win, though. "Come on, you know the words! You sang it in '09!"