just got a little inside mail of some very learned Tiger people........ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

just got a little inside mail of some very learned Tiger people........

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
I know I,m getting ahead of myself but due to some inside mail I woudnt mind having some hard-earnt money on Alex Rance for the brownlow.......Im looking to you PREnders for some guidance....... ;D

nitrotiger said:
I know I,m getting ahead of myself but due to some inside mail I woudnt mind having some hard-earnt money on Alex Rance for the brownlow.......Im looking to you PREnders for some guidance....... ;D

Nice snippet there nitro!

He'd be the first defender to win it for.... can't remember the last. Wanganeen?

he certainly the player I've gone 'WOW ...AMAZING PLAY '..MORE THAN ANY OTHER THIS YEAR....i personally rate him easily in the best 6 players in the comp right now...and I'm not sure who the other five are

Defenders don't win Brownlows, they don't even come close, I expect Rance to poll 10-12 votes.

se7en said:
Unless you know a ump, pretty hard to know

You'd have to know all of them, and convince them to tell you who they voted for each week. It'd make the Fine Cotton affair look like painting horses for a bit of fun.

nitrotiger said:

I like the idea, nitro. Have you done any numbers on games he's been near or in the best? I'm not fazed by the defender hoodoo. It's more which games he can poll in.

No chance of Rance for the Brownlow. Too many votes get taken by the midfielders. If there was a B&F for backmen he'd win it by a country mile.

He's already got the AA full back spot sewn up, but the umpires don't even know that defenders are on the ground when it comes to handing out Brownlow votes.

TJsFurrow said:
You'd have to know all of them, and convince them to tell you who they voted for each week. It'd make the Fine Cotton affair look like painting horses for a bit of fun.

I reckon someone said to an umpire friend that midfielders get all the votes, and he (knowing he's given Rance 2-3 votes once or twice) said something like "don't be surprised if a defender gets a few votes this year".

Doesn't mean he'll come close to winning.