Just Enjoy the Week! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Just Enjoy the Week!

The last 5 years have been an amazing turnaround in 2 teams in the AFL us and the Pies
Pies- premiers Us bottom
Pies crowd records membership Us compared to Fitzroy
Pies Dane Swan Us Daniel Connors
Fast Forward 5 years
Pies missed finals last 2years Us 3 straight finals
Pies membership dropping Us record level attendance number 1
Pies Dane Swan finished Us DUSTY
It's our time to rule this town I say bring it on .
GO TIGES .

PS We've got a coach the whole club can be proud of .
Pies have got a coach who is taking them backwards .
Thanks Eddie .

Ian4 said:
Why are people coming across as if they're tense and nervous? You should be excited.

I'm tense and nervous. I don't fear losing, but I fear the reaction to losing.

Tigertool said:

yep im nervous also and agree reaction to losing will be bad . We will be the laughing the stock yet again.

I just don't think we match up overly well with the roos...have struggled with them for years. Hopefully the last two finals exits have left a burning desire in the players and it was the heartache we had to have...this is our time now... Just get the job done tigers.

tha8ball said:
I just don't think we match up overly well with the roos...have struggled with them for years. Hopefully the last two finals exits have left a burning desire in the players and it was the heartache we had to have...this is our time now... Just get the job done tigers.

Massive pressure on the playing group to win this week, hoping they know how to handle it also.

Ian4 said:
Why are people coming across as if they're tense and nervous? You should be excited.

Had we finished Top 4 it would cool as we would know we would be play at lest 2 matches.. But as it stands Sunday could be our last game of the year.

It is now scientifically proven that pre-game nerves affect the Neuro-muscular pathway - i.e that is why players cramp. Relax everyone listen to some soothing music and lets belt the crap out of North.

Im always calm leading up to an important game but 5min before the game im a ball of nerves...

This year feels different though, i think we will account for North, not without a few worries, but a decisive win pulling away in the 3rd qtr.

Tigertough1974 said:
Im always calm leading up to an important game but 5min before the game im a ball of nerves...

This year feels different though, i think we will account for North, not without a few worries, but a decisive win pulling away in the 3rd qtr.
I hope you're right, I feel pretty jumpy this week. Can't stand the thought of being ripped to shreds by everyone if we lose.

Its my wife's bday on Sunday.....and she is a kangaroo supporter....and we are going....and they always have the wood over us...and I'm extremely nervous...I won't be enjoying anything until after that final siren if we get up!!

tha8ball said:
Its my wife's bday on Sunday.....and she is a kangaroo supporter....and we are going....and they always have the wood over us...and I'm extremely nervous...I won't be enjoying anything until after that final siren if we get up!!
Oh mate, I feel for you.

tha8ball said:

Look at it this way - you really cant lose!

Tha8ball enjoy your wife's bday at the game this Sunday but like you I hope we get to enjoy it more.

Extremely edgy.

Sunday still 3 days away before the bounce.

Just wish it was tomorrow.

As the day approaches I will feel that knot in my stomach tighten, sweat start ever so slightly drip drip drip down my forehead, pulse quicken and body heating A recipe for a heart attack !

Going to watch the game with my cousin and his son who are Roos supporters and who are quite bullish and confident about their chances against us. I'm sure they think we will choke.

As most of the media and other team supporters hope that we do fail and again be the butt of jokes , I hope that we can come out Sunday and show the footy world that we have ARRIVED as a club.

Let's all enjoy Sunday.

Get a huge crowd there and do the job.

We have matured , the club has been quite low key and we are ready.

Tigertool said:

stripes17 said:
I hope you're right, I feel pretty jumpy this week. Can't stand the thought of being ripped to shreds by everyone if we lose.

I get what you're both saying, but its ridiculous that people we have to feel this way... just shows how bad the media is in this town. after the Carlton loss 2 years ago I ignored all forms of media for 48 hours. total blackout.

tha8ball said:

big mistake. you never go to a game such as this with opposition supporters... even if its your wife and her birthday. my brother goes for the roos. he's on holiday, but if he was in town there is no chance I would have gone to the game with him.

3 More Sleeps.

24 degree Sunshine.

Tiger Army needs to be in full voice (I predict a 67% Tiger Crowd, 23% North Melbourne and 10% Mix)

I'm always amazed at games sitting at the PRE that I can clearly hear the opposition chants louder than the Tiger Faithful, maybe I'm going deaf. Even clearer on TV

We need to unite as one, support the cheer squad and grog squad and yell till we are hoarse.

Would love to see Trent take the boys to the PRE goals at every opportunity and get the crowd on its feet.

I keep picturing that scene from Rocky when Apollo Creed has bashed the living daylights out of him and Rocky gets up, blood streaming from his face, one eye open.

Creed pauses and just looks at him as if to say 'No way you could come back from that'

Goosebumps.