Just Enjoy the Week! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Just Enjoy the Week!

pmac21

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 24, 2005
Lot of posts about trade week and Treloar, Kruezer etc.
I for one am glad not to be thinking of trade week or who we may or may get in October.
Hopefully we get 85K on Sunday and get to enjoy another week
we have a terrific and relatively settled youngish list that's going places.
Get on board and let the recruiters do the work for us when the time is right!!
Go Tigers.......

I am enjoying the week. Worried about the tunnelling issue though. Don't want the game to start with the afl umpiring stamp already on it.

Loving the attitude of the club though. They're setting me at ease (for once).

caspar said:
I am enjoying the week. Worried about the tunnelling issue though. Don't want the game to start with the afl umpiring stamp already on it.

Yep, playing it well. Low key, not providing any ammo, just a real sense of confidence.

Good post. While the Collingwood ferals are basking in the sun over Treloar we have bigger fish to fry!

caspar said:

My Ease will dry up,sometime Sunday morning.

It's in our DNA to concentrate on trading and drafting as soon as the last round of the season is over. It'll take a year or two more to break that imprint

Baloo said:
It's in our DNA to concentrate on trading and drafting as soon as the last round of the season is over. It'll take a year or two more to break that imprint

LOL was going to post the same thing.

We'd want to win on Sunday or else this is going to get very ugly for Bennie and the list management team. Super disappointed to miss Treloar

Baloo said:

Must say I haven't even looked once this year at the junior footballer board.

I'm a bundle of mixed emotions.

All I can think of is Sunday and what happens after

Win - Then the elimination hoodoo is off our back and I get to travel to Sydney or Perth for some Tiger Love. Win and North Melbourne look like a bunch of hacks.
Lose - I can't think about it, it will drive me insane, literally.

I'm fairly positive about Sunday, Packed MCG, apparently some good weather. Tigers are playing well.

Hardwick is getting smarter every week and as Newy said in his retirement speech, the team now plays for him. The Tigers have to leave nothing in the tank on Sunday, this is what I call Grand Final 1.0.

If they come out like the Hawthorn, Freo (WA game) and the second half against Sydney we will be very hard to beat.

For me its all about the start, kick to the punt road end in the first quarter (as long as there is no huge breeze) and simply jump them and run them off their feet. Kick 8 to 1 in the first.

All the rested players probably won't come strong until after half time, so be physical and be smart.

We have the capability to move the ball quick and direct down the MCG. Our forwards are unique that they can win the one on ones, be smart, kick to these competitions.

Throw Dusty one out in the 50, Give Lids free reign to run around the 50m mark. Push Jack and Ty to the 50 with Newy and Shedda on each flank.

Centre bounces crucial, but honestly, Miles will risk life and limb to get the ball out, Lambert has been amazing in the middle receiving Marics palm downs and if Cotch gets the ball in the middle he won't be touched.

Start is everything. Patience is key and play with confidence, run them ragged RFC. They are not as quick as we are.

Yes well said. In the past trade week how been the most exciting time for us, lets now enjoy what is now our most exciting time & let the also rans fight over who can make them like us

Baloo said:

It was pretty entrenched habit to look at the draft after round 6.

Baloo said:
Bali's right. This has become ingrained with us over the years. Fortunately all the signs from the club point to them having very little interest in anything other than winning finals.

In memory of Francis said:
Feel ill with the thought of losing. Feel ill thinking norths resting strategy will work. I feel ill
I've been throwing up all week