Jackson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jackson

Exactly what I said watching the game today. This guy is obviously a smart cookie, but a footballing nimrod. Very disappointed in his game today. Spent most of the time trying to do things well outside his limitations. And has the peripheral vision of Stevie Wonder to boot.

strachanie19 said:
be careful...you might get shot down for saying things like that here...i for one couldn't agree more...

Good call....he certainly has his fans for some reason.

Great endeavour, but not much else unfortunately.

As we probally need him for rotations at this point really believe he must go back to his pure shut down role, doing the head to head stuff he just loses on points way too much, have great admiration for Jacko however he is far from an attacking weapon.

CC TIGER said:
As we probally need him for rotations at this point really believe he must go back to his pure shut down role, doing the head to head stuff he just loses on points way too much, have great admiration for Jacko however he is far from an attacking weapon.

agreed hes a tagger - not the one to create for us sadly.

Terrible footballer.

Pros:

Works hard.
Can run out of a game and is fit.
Big body and is tough.

Cons:

Poor awareness.
No football brain whatsoever, choreographs his every move to the opposition.
Bad decision making.
Bad skills.
Slow.

Basically means he's a total liablity in this modern game. McGuane is basically a Jackson clone in defender form too.

Needs to be used in the position he has become accustomed to.

But, we are evolving and "rebuilding" so, who knows what he has been asked to do.

was bloody terrible today, for a senior player I expect better than that, how many times was he caught trying to bullock his way through traffic, he and possibly cuzz should make way for the two young tyros

BillyJean17 said:
was bloody terrible today, for a senior player I expect better than that, how many times was he caught trying to bullock his way through traffic, he and possibly cuzz should make way for the two young tyros

Cuz should be kept on for as long as possible, cos he is one of very few winners we have. Cannot even compare him to Jackson who is right up there with Matt White as the dumbest footballer going around. Constantly gets himself and his teammates into trouble and has no awareness whatsover. Is a total liability. Same goes with McGuane. Hopeless.

BillyJean17 said:
possibly cuzz should make way for the two young tyros
Agree with this as Cuz struggles to win his own ball now in one on one contests.
Has become like Matty Knights in his last year and a half with us - has to be given the ball by teammates as he cannot win it himself.
His skills are still good but the pace of the game has beaten him.

I used to chuckle and still do when most on here praised Jackson for his 1 good game throughout the entire season. He is the prototype RFC player of the last couple of years. Throws his weight around and shows courage so he instantly get immunity from being bagged for constantly turning the ball over, making stupid decisions and costing us goals and momentum.

I didn't see the game, but apparently after Selwood ripped us a new one in the first half in the second half DJ moved onto him and slowed him down. Is this true?

Needs to be a tagger or out of the side
I hope they put him back into a negating role then trade him at the end of the year

Yeh, lets put five years development into him then trade him for another rookie we can put five more useless years development into and we are bak to square one.....which is where we have been for 30 years.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Yeh, lets put five years development into him then trade him for another rookie we can put five more useless years development into and we are bak to square one.....which is where we have been for 30 years.
Sorry, but we're going nowhere with Jacko, time to cut our losses
I'd rather take my chances on another Nason with Pick 71 than keep Jacko on, I love his endevour, but he is a liability with his decision making

I think we need to remember that Jackson is one of the few strong bodied players we actually have on our list these days. While his limitations as a footballer are apparent, we need at least a few players with some physical presence to help the yopunger guys on our list.

ZeroGame said:
Sorry, but we're going nowhere with Jacko, time to cut our losses
I'd rather take my chances on another Nason with Pick 71 than keep Jacko on, I love his endevour, but he is a liability with his decision making

Which would be fine if we had another midfielder else on our list actually capable of winning a one on one contest with a decent player, but I can't think of any. Newman's decision making is pretty good, but one on one he gets his arse handed to him in the contest with his opponent all the time (although he was good today)- who is more of a liability?

we have foley, martin, deledio, cotchin, cousins as first onballers. big bodies and experience. if anything our starting midfield is our strongest area. we are not so desperate in this area that we need to play jackson, hislop and tuck. i don't see why people are saying that we must play jackson and tuck due to our lack of size and experience.