Intra Club Practice match 17/03 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Intra Club Practice match 17/03

blx said:
Lennon lagged a little in the repeat sprints but soon made up for it when the footys came out. Class deliverer! Same with Cellis. Not surprised Edwards just running laps now while the boys run game sim drills

Saw Shed involved in the match sim while I was there. He's recovered pretty quickly from a broken collarbone hey Ed ;)

blx said:
yeah, griffiths wore headgear and still a worry with his pea heart efforts. I look at the bloke and say WOW what an amazing specimen then watch him get knocked over while contesting a ball with a smaller defender (can't remember who it was). So dissapointing...

Miles is training but not fully. spent times running the boundary. Didn't appear to be hindered in anyway so just getting hi through I'd say.

Not disputing your assessment at all, but the effects of concussion can take some time to overcome.
Griff sounds very unlikely for Rd.1. Could take a while to get back since he has had several concussions now. A worry.
I've seen him show enough aggression when fit and ready to go but not his style overall. Too much of a gentle giant type maybe?

blx said:
yeah, griffiths wore headgear and still a worry with his pea heart efforts. I look at the bloke and say WOW what an amazing specimen then watch him get knocked over while contesting a ball with a smaller defender (can't remember who it was). So dissapointing...

Miles is training but not fully. spent times running the boundary. Didn't appear to be hindered in anyway so just getting hi through I'd say.

Thanks for the update.

As for Griff, from my memory the concussion was Nab game 1 wasn't it? He should be right by now, surely?

5SKULL5 said:
Grif was wearing a quite ugly helmet, kinda like the one Dunstall wore.
Drummond and Conca ran laps, as did Maric and Grigg, no sign of Cotchin or Lids.
Hampson trained well, seems a lock in Round1.
Others to impress were Dusty, Jack, Houlli and Corey Ellis.

Hampson will not be playing round 1 that I can grantee you.......

TIGEREXTRA said:
How does Conca run laps if he has a major hamstring injury?

So he is engaged in normal rehab already. Just jogging is not putting strain on the hamstring, unlike flat-out sprinting with muscles at full stretch, therefore under strain.

TIGEREXTRA said:
Thanks for the update.

As for Griff, from my memory the concussion was Nab game 1 wasn't it? He should be right by now, surely?
[/quote

Imagine this bloke playing in the 70's or 80's

He'd have nightmares before every game

Smoking Aces said:
Pretty sure its Geelong.

Thanks Smoking! Just checked the VFL fixture, practice game as curtain raiser to main game at PRO next week too against blues and against Essendon the week after.

RFC_Official said:
Good mail - he'll play in the VFL praccy v Geelong tomorrow night. We'll have the squad for that later in the day.

Will McBean be named again only for him to mysteriously disappear on the night?

RFC_Official said:
Good mail - he'll play in the VFL praccy v Geelong tomorrow night. We'll have the squad for that later in the day.

Any chance of the VFL game being telecast on the RFC website?

lamb22 said:
Will McBean be named again only for him to mysteriously disappear on the night?

Of course. Just a tormented ghost haunting PRO these days.

blx said:

Big Ben after contesting in the ruck

Attachments

• bbctd2.jpg
    bbctd2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
Why didn't Cotchin play. His form in preseason has contained on from his final. Crap

TIGEREXTRA said:
How does Conca run laps if he has a major hamstring injury?

It's the way they manage our injured players. They further aggravate the injury with running, cycling, pushing a car up the Church Street hill and show us videos of how well they are recovering to get us excited, then they go for scans and tell us they have bad news and will be out of action for another 6-8 weeks. It's the Richmond way.

Reckon i might head on over to Punt Road have a look before going to Rod Laver
Game kicks off at 6.30pm and is open to the public.