Indigenous Players | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Indigenous Players

Tigerdog said:
With the Indigenous centre a major feature of the new Punt Rd. development, I would hope we get our developmental process right sooner rather than later.

This is a key point this. This environment should ensure that indigenous players that do come to our club have every chance of playing to their full potential.

Tigerdog said:
I think I get where you are coming from Capt. It frustrates me a lot. I love the way the indigenous players can electrify the crowd, make the difficult look easy and just generally provide a team with some spark, flair and polish. But for the most part those players usually play for opposition teams. They are still brilliant to watch, but it isnt the same as cheering on a Tiger.

I have been a long term advocate of recruiting more Indigenous players and still feel the same, but there isn't much point in doing that if we fail to develop them into good consistent footballers... and everyone knows all to well what we have been like at development in the past.

With the Indigenous centre a major feature of the new Punt Rd. development, I would hope we get our developmental process right sooner rather than later.
Amen brother.Thats all im getting at.

These boys seem to be hitting the headlines this year.

Lovett, Stokes, M Johnson and now D Motlop's been accused of doing a Wayne Carey / John Terry to a Port teammate's partner.

GoodOne said:
Pity there is no uncle-nephew recruiting rule. Rioli could have been ours.

Or Essendons.
I heard on the weekend that Michael Long was another uncle! :eek:

What a pedigree!

TigerForce said:

Lovett, Stokes, M Johnson and now D Motlop's been accused of doing a Wayne Carey / John Terry to a Port teammate's partner.

Are you even aware of the irony of sayng Motlop is doing a Wayne Carey.

TigerForce said:

I believe Motlop had a bit of verbal with Surjans g/f, (reportedly, she felt intimidated by the verbal and reported it to the wallopers) after she had a go at his new g/f. Surjans g/g was good mates with Motlops ex g/f.

Baloo said:
I think we have one of the best pedigreed players in the AFL.

Shane Tuck.

It's true. The Tucks and Abletts are realted, being from that family is like being a Windsor

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
So i take it your one of those type of supporters who are more than happy with their single digit possie,s at vfl level,while other indigenous players get those in one qtr.
And thats the point im trying to make.Why is this so?

Is that what I said was it?

Care to guess what I am saying now?

michael roach said:
The same reasons we don`t get good white players too.

Recruting and development.

No distinction possible for me either. Doesn't matter on the race, we just don't develop our players.

We might appear to have more success with non-indigenous players, but I think the reason is we recruit more of them and it is a numbers game. We can't manage to ruin every player we recruit.