I'm a wimp!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm a wimp!!

bowden4president said:
If I was able to stick it out til the end of the 157 point loss to Geelong, I'm pretty sure I can sit through anything ;)

Well you can put that to the test again in a fortnight - toughen up soldier ;D

I stuck it out (even in the MCC with 30,000 Melbourne supporters)

Glad I did though, seeing Jim Stynes come onto the ground and hug the Melbourne players was pretty damn special.

B1

B1 and B2 said:
I stuck it out (even in the MCC with 30,000 Melbourne supporters)

Glad I did though, seeing Jim Stynes come onto the ground and hug the Melbourne players was pretty damn special.

B1

Yeah, real good bloke deserving of better things ahead.

I started the year in the full knowledge that this was a "transition phase" and I would simply be going to watch the kids, I promised myself not to care about the scoreboard because it was irrelevent. The downside is that my son doesn't wan't to go to the footy anymore, he still follows the Tigers but going to the footy expecting to be flogged isn't his idea of fun. I hope for his sake that we turn i around sooner rather than later.

I've enjoyed watching the kids improve but tbh I still feel *smile* even if Martin shows that he is going to be one of the Elite mids in the competition.

Melbourne have turned it around fairly quickly, maybe we can do the same.

I stuck it out, but don't always. Was keen to see how the kids responded to the inept 3rd quarter.

If it is no longer enojoyable, I usually take off. Prefer to go home early and spend some time with my kids if the footy *smile* me rather than sit through a flogging.

Or go to the bar....

At least you made it to the game...

There was over 42,000 at the "G"

Well l made it to the game at half time, and that was all folks..

B2

at the SCG two years ago we were discussing leaving during the second quarter (My son wanted to barrack for the swans) and we were on the freeway before the third q started. That was a first for me

These days I can compare going to watch the Tigers with going to watch a film at the cinema.

If its really bad, I'll get up & walk out.

Never used to be like this. I used to be one of those supporters that stayed till the end.

But when you get 25 years of cr@p, enough is enough!!

Left at 3/4 time...................and I wasnt the only one. Supporters were streaming out of the ground.

Got a feeling this will be repeated often during the year. :-\

I left at 3 qtr time too!

I had planned to do so before the first bounce in any case (mind you if we we're half a chance?). Easier that way with the young ones, the train ride is far more pleasant without opposition supporters in ya face!

Jukes Extended said:
I like to beat the traffic

Yeah, me too. I find that if you leave at 1/4 time you really beat the traffic.