I'm a wimp!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I'm a wimp!!

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hate to admit it, but this little black duck, wimped it out at three quarter time today. Mrs. Wimp and I noted as we walked back to the car that there were alot of other wimps as well. That 3rd. quarter was anus horribulus.

Was excited after our first 1/2 and for one stupid moment thought we might be in with a chance. Wrong!! What went wrong I ask? It seemed we did not want to man up...there were Dees all over the place, on their lonesome just waiting for a pass. I have not really been a fan of Moore, but have to admit that today he battled manfully, often one out against the horde, with out anyone to help him. Same with Riewoldt, but the sorry tale is he just can't kick straight. No crumbers, so he had to try and do it all on his lonesome.

I know we should have stayed until the bitter end, but instead wimped it. So, kick us to death if you wish, but there it is.

graystar1 said:
Hate to admit it, but this little black duck, wimped it out at three quarter time today. Mrs. Wimp and I noted as we walked back to the car that there were alot of other wimps as well. That 3rd. quarter was anus horribulus.

Was excited after our first 1/2 and for one stupid moment thought we might be in with a chance. Wrong!! What went wrong I ask? It seemed we did not want to man up...there were Dees all over the place, on their lonesome just waiting for a pass. I have not really been a fan of Moore, but have to admit that today he battled manfully, often one out against the horde, with out anyone to help him. Same with Riewoldt, but the sorry tale is he just can't kick straight. No crumbers, so he had to try and do it all on his lonesome.

I know we should have stayed until the bitter end, but instead wimped it. So, kick us to death if you wish, but there it is.

I think you showed plenty of ticker just going in the 1st place Gray-one.
We're only human.

At many half time breaks, I've seen more Richmond supporters outside the G laughing than there is inside crying.

graystar1 said:

You were there, you paid for your ticket/memebership, you did your part

TigerForce said:
At many half time breaks, I've seen more Richmond supporters outside the G laughing than there is inside crying.

What does that make those of us who have decided if the 'results dont matter' theme is in place for the year then attendance figures wont bother them.

If you sat through the eighties and nineties you are excused in my book.

LandyJessKeane said:
What does that make those of us who have decided if the 'results dont matter' theme is in place for the year then attendance figures wont bother them.

If you sat through the eighties and nineties you are excused in my book.

At 43 years of age, I definitely did.......and thank god for that !! ;D

I went today feeling good about life with no expectations for the Tigers. Came home grumpy...its getting harder every year.

worst part about today was that we were in it at half time which gave me some sort of hope. nothing unexpected though. trying to find a positive in that we haven't lost by 100 points plus when it was looking likely again.

graystar1 said:

Your no wimp,it was a commonsense decision to leave @ 3/4 time.

Wimp

Nah seriously you are a great supporter just by going, I always stay (sucker for punishment) but can totally understand people leaving early

davidrodan said:
Wimp

Nah seriously you are a great supporter just by going, I always stay (sucker for punishment) but can totally understand people leaving early

Gotta get the car out !! ;D

Left a few times early last season, but tbh I'm happy staying to the end just waiting to see the glimpses of promise from the kids this year. Sad, I know.

Can't grasp going to the footy and leaving early. I would feel like a Collingwood supporter if I did.

me and the tiger cub will sit through the pain next sunday against freo and will will stay until the very end , though the footy clinic held by richmond on saturday for the west aussie tiger cubs will probably be our only highlight of the weekend