If you reckon Tony Abbott is a good bloke, you should barrack for Carlton. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If you reckon Tony Abbott is a good bloke, you should barrack for Carlton.

Do you reckon you should be able to like Tony Abbott and barrack for Richmond?

• Yes, its a free country

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Who does Tony Windsor barrack for?

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, barrack for Carlton or perhaps Melbourne

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Would Tony Abbott sell his arse for the Tigers No.1 Ticket?

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
I've got no problem with Abbott selling his bottom for the No 1 ticket, I just want to know who is buying.

Quality thread.

Gillard literally sold her arse to a union boss (and lost her job as a partner in a leading Law firm as a result of shoddy practice in setting up his slush fund - which was filled with low paid union member's money - unbeknowns to the union! Now there is a quality woman)

Streak said:
Gina Rinehart

:hihi

I wouldnt normally denigrate a woman based on her appearance. However, since all she ever did was Lang Hancock made love once to her mother (who some believe was an unkissed Cane toad) and then left the resultant offspring $70 million bucks and iron ore leases the size of Europe, which she then dug up and shipped to China as fast as they could smelt it (not rocket science) and landed a fortune and then wants us to go down a mine like Africans for $2 and get shot if we organise and put out our durries and put down our stubbies and 'get to work' ..... well then, I think it would be a nice result to see Abbott sell his arse to this cane-toad-headed horrible creature.

Am I a very small minority here?

A Coalition voting Tiger supporter?

How anyone could think Labour is the answer/has done a good job is beyond me.

U2Tigers said:

Not sure. I do not hold an allegiance to either party. I like to try and analyse where they think they will take the country and vote accordingly. Sometimes it can lead to apparently contradictory decisions. I have, for example, voted Green in the past and directed my preferences to the Liberals. I will not be voting Greens this time round.

This next election could be very difficult for me, simply because I only see a choice between a Government that has done stuff all, and an Opposition that is a policy free zone.

Merveille said:
Quality thread.

Interesting responses.

Merveille said:
Gillard literally sold her arse to a union boss (and lost her job as a partner in a leading Law firm as a result of shoddy practice in setting up his slush fund - which was filled with low paid union member's money - unbeknowns to the union! Now there is a quality woman)

And Abbott reportedly violently punched a wall both sides of a woman's head and refers to housewives at home ironing. Quality behaviour?

Streak said:
Not sure. I do not hold an allegiance to either party. I like to try and analyse where they think they will take the country and vote accordingly.

Ditto. I fail to understand the mentality of those who vote for a particular party election after election regardless of the leadership, policies, state of the economy etc.

Anyway I thought this thread was more for a bit of light hearted fun.

U2Tigers said:

You're on record as saying because of what you do and what you believe, you could never ever vote for the ALP so I guess you are right, it is beyond you and probably always will be.

U2Tigers said:

Not sure U2. Even though i have framed the question with a silly poll, and with life being a metaphor for footy, I am interested in the subject of Club and Class. For example, I reckon broadly speaking, Carlton, Melbourne and Hawthorn are more conservative (Liberal) clubs, whereas Collingwood, Richmond and St.Kilda are more working class (Labour). I agree these simplistic class divides no longer really apply, other than Labour still have an ideology that will promote policy favouring the labouring (working) (hu)man, whereas Liberal ideology and policy favours those who hire the labour (the merchant class and the elite). Again, I agree they have all centralised and Australian politics is a horrible state of affairs. However, I must defend Julia Gillards acheivements in a hung parliament. By rights, you shouldnt get anything done in a hung parlaiment, but Labour has managed to develop and pass policy that are some of the biggest reforms we have ever seen (mining tax = Gina Rhinehart cane toad head earns $6.5 billion instead of 6.6 and Jill Smith social worker drying the tears of the addicted and depressed at Sacred Heart Mission earns $21,000 instead of $20500) (Carbon Tax - Australia leads way in saving planet - any ordinary bloke felt the skye fall in yet?) (plenty more - only yesterday Burke stopped the Dutch doing what they have been doing for 500 years - raping and pillaging the high seas - In Australian waters, sucking up all our fish).

I blame the media for the state of australian politics. That and a run down public education systems turning out dumbos who fall for it.

Baloo said:
You're on record as saying because of what you do and what you believe, you could never ever vote for the ALP so I guess you are right, it is beyond you and probably always will be.

thats true I guess.

can someone point the way to the Gillard poll.

tigergollywog said:
Not sure U2. Even though i have framed the question with a silly poll, and with life being a metaphor for footy, I am interested in the subject of Club and Class. For example, I reckon broadly speaking, Carlton, Melbourne and Hawthorn are more conservative (Liberal) clubs, whereas Collingwood, Richmond and St.Kilda are more working class (Labour).

interesting, i honestly never had thought about footy and politics before.

not sure I totally agree, but interesting if what you say does have merit.

rosy23 said:
Ditto. I fail to understand the mentality of those who vote for a particular party election after election regardless of the leadership, policies, state of the economy etc.

Anyway I thought this thread was more for a bit of light hearted fun.

hmmmm. we would have no politicians at all if no one didn't believe for a party and what it stands for. No one is always going to like all the policies of 1 party, but I personally don't vote just because of the 1 or 2 issues of the day.

apologies for ruining a lighthearted thread, but saw the Abbot bashing (lighthearted as it is) and posted in his parties defence.

U2Tigers said:
interesting, i honestly never had thought about footy and politics before.

not sure I totally agree, but interesting if what you say does have merit.

I'm interested in a conservative Tigers thoughts on Gina Rhinehart U2. Mine are pretty clear and I must admit, in the same way you wonder how anyone could vote Labour, I wonder what Australian could admire her, other than Tony Abbott, given her moral compass is calibrated so nastily. I would like to hear a perspective from those who admire or respect Gina (or Clive Palmer, who is very much cut from the same cloth politically and physically).

U2Tigers said:
hmmmm. we would have no politicians at all if no one didn't believe for a party and what it stands for. No one is always going to like all the policies of 1 party, but I personally don't vote just because of the 1 or 2 issues of the day.

apologies for ruining a lighthearted thread, but saw the Abbot bashing (lighthearted as it is) and posted in his parties defence.

Please dont apologies U2, you are heating the thread up just the way I hoped. The lighthearted poll is how I do business . big ideas, silly questions. This is the politic board - enter at your own risk - Lets go for it , growing our understanding of one another, underpinned by our mutual love of RFC.