If We Miss The Top 4, Who Is You Preferred Elimination Final Opponent, And why? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If We Miss The Top 4, Who Is You Preferred Elimination Final Opponent, And why?

If We Miss The Top 4, Who Is You Preferred Elimination Final Opponent, And why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6 of the 8 teams have beaten us last time we played

The exceptions being sydney and hawthorn.

To be honest

The team with the crappest form right now in the eight is on top of the ladder.

Are they foxing?

I doubt it :

What FREO do well is, beat the teams outside the top 8, and get the odd win inside it.

But thry've lost its last games to richmond hawthorn North WCE.

Now if you looked at a ladder from rounds 7 to 21: we would be higher up than freo.

So if the swans do lose a game, and we don't, then we get the double chance and a crack at a preliminary final on the MCG. Don't know when we last played an MCG prelim.
Maybe 1982.

Go tigers

So I'll take freo, even though I originally voted for geelong.

So many scenarios!

Dogs only side in the 8 who haven't played finals recently.

The rest have and as we know when finals come around , it's another season all together. They have experience and have won and we have lost our two finals appearances.

As Dimma said a long time ago , we can beat anyone on our day! But finals are different and sides will not let us play " our way"

I chose none of the options!

As some have already written- I don't care who it is, where it is.

We have a game that that will stack up in finals this time and we shouldn't fear anyone.

Yes there are sides that I would like to meet and give a touch up too but I doubt we will finish top 4. Swans will not lose their game against the Saints.

The pass though as most have said win our first, get that monkey off our back and go from there!
Go Tigers.

Finals number 3.

Dogs may run out of legs, but a bit too early to tell.

I don't want North, especially as we play them the week before the finals.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Anyone - Anytime - Anywhere, Baby
3064729988_c117873040.jpg
This.
Shouldn't be worried about any team.

On our day we can compete against anyone and this year the team believes.

Why?

We are not falling over the line into the finals like last year - we can carefully plan our next two weeks.

Our form over the last 12 months has been consistent and outstanding.

But in saying that, I would be a little nervous is we ended up playing North - would prefer West Coast than North to be honest.

My best scenario has already been raised - Sydney lose this week and then we still have to beat North to get into the 4 and then play Freo away (odds of this happening in my mind are basically zero)

Second best scenario is we finish 6th and play the doggies at the G. The advantages for me of this happening are

1) it is played at the G
2) it is played on the Saturday, not the Sunday
3) Hawthorn also lose to WC which means we get a second final against a team who has just travelled to Perth and we have also recently beaten.

bulldogs due to so many inexperienced players whom normally play worse and worse has the season goes on.

The doggies beat us earlier on this year when Dimma's game plan had us pushing too far forward, he has rectified the problem to hopefully they wont open us up on the rebound next time.

Unlike most I want North. I want them badly. Not necessarily in the last game of the year but the game that will knock them out of the finals completely. They've had our measure of late and there would be no better time to knock them off.

Not worried about things we can't control. The only side in the 8 that looks formidable to me, ATM at least things can change quickly, is the weagles. And even they don't look unstoppable formidable. Imprtantly I don't think the side is worried about any North hoodoo, even if some supporters are. If we're good enough we'll beat 'em.

Would hope we are good enough to beat whoever we come up against in week one of the finals.

Will be most disappointed if we can't progress to week two and perhaps beyond. Three finals series for no finals wins wouldn't sit well.

The time is now.

toby64 said:
Would hope we are good enough to beat whoever we come up against in week one of the finals.

Will be most disappointed if we can't progress to week two and perhaps beyond. Three finals series for no finals wins wouldn't sit well.

The time is now.

YES.
Whoever we get, we have got to beat them!

DirtyDogTiger said:
So if the swans do lose a game, and we don't, then we get the double chance and a crack at a preliminary final on the MCG. Don't know when we last played an MCG prelim.
Maybe 1982.

1973 v Collingwood when we were six goals down at half time and brought on the Royce-master and won by seven points.
Our Grand Final appearances in 1974, 1980 and 1982 were earned under the old system where you could win a Second Semi and go straight into the GF. Even then, all three of those Second Semis were at Waverley.
We played in the 1975 prelim v North and lost but that was at Waverley too (Michael Green says hello).

We also played prelims at the MCG in 1969 (v Collingwood and won) and 1971 (v St Kilda and lost).

North Melbourne.

Because *smile* em, we're better and they need to know it.