I just dont feel the same about the tiges without Richo. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I just dont feel the same about the tiges without Richo.

Yep, you can forget your Tambling, Deledio and even Cotchin ... it will be Dustin Martin that leads this club out of the mire. It's not about their ability ... it's the attitude.

i can understand the feeling, being of a similar age myself, i can't really remember a richmond team without richo... i yearn for the days in the old ponsford stand watching the last true generation of richmond footballers play.. players like knights, lambert, the two gale brothers, the kellaways, turner, knights, richo, free when was the last good team.. http://afl.allthestats.com/teams/teamseas.php?t1=13&yrfm=1995, jeepers 15 years ago..

forget premierships.. i just want to see a good team playing some good footy again.. and it looks like it will be another 5 years at least.. if it doesn't happen by then.. i fear for the richmond footy club as there are probably heaps of members like myself that are just over all the excuses..

not sure which thread but someone was talking about our recruitment of good kids.. kids that were class captains, bookworms, and the like.. i think that is what is turning me off about our club at the moment.. they all seem like a bunch of goody two shoes.. not a mongrel amongst them.. just from watching him strut with his chest out.. it looks like martin may have a fair share of arrogance, here's hoping he can be a Voss like leader to our midfield and the one that we look to to win games of his own boot.

Tell you one thing .... I loved Richo as much as the next bloke but his retirement has not changed my attitude to the RFC one iota. I was a Richmond supporter 25 years before he played his first game and will continue to be one long after he is gone.

frangalis4eva said:
Have to agree, just doesnt look like anyone of our players would bleed for the jumper like richo would. Felt the same yesturday.

NOT EVEN!!
Dustys goal was richo magic

Ben Nason is going to be a gun love the way he plays yes he stuffs up but he gets on with it and he's 2nd efforts are awsome

and thursty moore and mcgaune played with alot of richo heart i thought hope these guys can keep it up

alot of these youngins have got heart and there gonna bleed for the tige's thats for sure

How exciting has it been to watch JR tear the opposition apart the last few weeks? My kids are excited about the tigers again and so am I. Either he has hit a rare vein of form or he is going to be a star!

shad said:
How exciting has it been to watch JR tear the opposition apart the last few weeks? My kids are excited about the tigers again and so am I. Either he has hit a rare vein of form or he is going to be a star!

Yeah it sure does warm the heart. At footy training last night, a 6 year old in a tiger jumper said to me "Hey watch this, I'm going to take a Jack Reiwoldt screamer and kick a goal". I nearly cried with joy. ;D:'(

Tigerhart04 said:
For chris' sakes let's not put any more pressure on Martin. He's just a kid and still needs to be for a while yet.

oh no he's not. After seeing him last Friday, wadeing through a pack and getting an effective handball away with LENNY HAYES' grip slipping down his thighs, I realised this kid is Michael Voss reincarnate.

thas odd..because i feel the exact opposite this year.. iloved richo..of course, and bowden and a few others, but this year feels better for me than it has in many many years..ive even upgraded my membership and started taking time of work to go to games...as for the players..JACK..DUSTY, CONNORS,, COTCHIN..Foley,DELIDEO..THERE ARE A LoT TO REALLY LIKE AND FEEL POSITIVE ABOUT..THROW in HARDWICK and the hopeful emergence of so many kids..vickery..post..graham..nason..EDWARDS, white.griffiths..astbury, taylor..etc etc..i cant remember the last time we had so many players who i think are either going to to be awesome or whom im interested in watching to see if they will develope..i think i hated seeing richo go but there is a bigger and better buzz around the tigers than there has in years..

Richo is now history a new chapter has started and for the first time in a long time players like martin, griffths wont have to burden themselves as being the Marquee player

tigergollywog said:
oh no he's not. After seeing him last Friday, wadeing through a pack and getting an effective handball away with LENNY HAYES' grip slipping down his thighs, I realised this kid is Michael Voss reincarnate.

Early days yet, but I owe you a pint should this be prophetic

I follow the RFC not individuals.

Its that very reason why its easy for Darksider such as my good self to maintain a lengthy hit list.

;D

I have been feeling guilty about enjoying watching all the new boys play. A part of me feels I should be missing Richo more. Everyone loved watching him play. The Richo Richo man chant will live forever..... thankx Rex

Griffo Griffo man I want to be a Griffo man

My god, it was fantastic to see Richo play, but that was it. It was one man against the opposition and unfortunately we were never going to win a thing with him playing. Now, wow we actually have a side spreading the load, every man makes a contribution and they are prepared to give for each other. Long live Richo but thank god we have a team to support now rather than just one man.