I just dont feel the same about the tiges without Richo. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I just dont feel the same about the tiges without Richo.

rush

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2005
Having followed the tigers all my 38 years I have always got a real buzz seeing Richmond run out on the field
and hearing the theme song to the point where it would almost physically bring me to tears. I really do love the
club and have supported them as a member and attended most games throughout the *smile* times that we have
all had to endure. I hate to say but I feel that without Richo a part of my love has gone for Richmond. Even if
I knew we were going to get flogged , I would still go to the game and have some hope because Richo was there.
I watched the football yesterday just flat as a tack, I guess I was preparing myself for the loss that I knew that was
gonna happen but I honestly just didnt care. I feel now that I am going to watch the footy to see how other teams go out
of an interest rather than a passion. The one thing I hate is a "band wagon" supporter but I just cant see myself bothering
to go the games this year when I have this flat feeling.

rush said:
Having followed the tigers all my 38 years I have always got a real buzz seeing Richmond run out on the field
and hearing the theme song to the point where it would almost physically bring me to tears. I really do love the
club and have supported them as a member and attended most games throughout the sh!t times that we have
all had to endure. I hate to say but I feel that without Richo a part of my love has gone for Richmond. Even if
I knew we were going to get flogged , I would still go to the game and have some hope because Richo was there.
I watched the football yesterday just flat as a tack, I guess I was preparing myself for the loss that I knew that was
gonna happen but I honestly just didnt care. I feel now that I am going to watch the footy to see how other teams go out
of an interest rather than a passion. The one thing I hate is a "band wagon" supporter but I just cant see myself bothering
You need to duck out to the back yard and cremate a number twelve jumper, stick the ashes in a jar with a vase of flowers alongside then crack a quiet tinny or two and wave goodbye.
Tigerlands bigger than one player, always has been, always will be.
There's a bunch of new kids coming and it's time to ease back and just watch them grow up. There'll be plenty of time for victory expectations and passionate support when Dimma's had a proper chance to sift through the list and develop his personal cadre of Tigers.

rush said:
club and have supported them as a member and attended most games throughout the sh!t times that we have

Hey we have Jack now.

He missed 2 set shots for points.

Sorry Richo,joking.

rush said:

Gotta toughen up rush, think you're being a bit soft. He wasn't going to play for ever. If you can't be bothered going, dont go.

Agree 100%.

I'm just not interested anymore.

.....and it's not just because Richo is gone. I honestly can't tell you who my favourite player is now. There's not one player I have a man-crush on....not one player I can get enthusiastic about.

Sure, we have some good talent coming through, but none of them can tug at my heart strings the way Richo did .....or Duncan Kellaway, Scotty Turner, Brodders, Roach, Knighter, Rioli, Jess.....

agincourt said:
Sure, we have some good talent coming through, but none of them can tug at my heart strings the way Richo did .....or Duncan Kellaway, Scotty Turner, Brodders, Roach, Knighter, Rioli, Jess.....

I still love the Tigers, always have, always will, but I completely agree with this comment. We don't have any guys out there that are hard, tough or skillful enough to 'fall in love with' (if you get what I mean).

thejinx said:
I still love the Tigers, always have, always will, but I completely agree with this comment. We don't have any guys out there that are hard, tough or skillful enough to 'fall in love with' (if you get what I mean).

Fall in love with Dustin Martin. He is all of those things!! :love

Give all our new boys a couple years to play together and if they can gell together as a team like the boys from 95 then i'm sure you'll find your man crush!

Agree Richo leaves a huge gap to fill.

However, I reckon Deledio, Martin and Cotchin in full flight will ease the pain.

have to agree partly. i didnt even bother to listen to the game/watch it yesterday.
just had little interest really.

losing a bit of passion now the big fella has gone and the club is stuffed

I love Richo and am happy to see him doing so well in the media. Sure I miss his big marks and big heart. However I think it could be healthy for the next generation of players to have to find their own way to goal. In the past the players were a bit too Richocentric. Now they'll have to find more creative ways to kick goals. Not pretty at the moment but things will hopefully improve with the forward set up as the season progresses.

Rush,

we have to consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to be following the Tiges when Richo happened to be playing. What luck :)
Now after 38 years of following the Tiges you’re thinking is it worth it without him?
Well, …

Does Superman wear blue tights
And keep away from kryptonite
Do old ladies get mugged at night
Are you the business

Do workers want a living wage
Do rock stars lie about their age
Would a tiger run from an open cage
Are you the business

Are you the f**** off business
Is my first name John
Is strangeways full of prisoners
Am I over twenty-one

Are the royal family really rich
Is Scooby-Doo one son-of-a *smile*
Is Wembley stadium a football pitch
Are you the business

Did Noriega knock out coke
Did Bob Marley like the odd smoke
Was Jesus Christ a decent bloke
Are you the business

Does Oliver Reed ever get pissed
Can Chubby Checker do the twist
Was Karl Marx a communist
Are you the business

Was James Dean a cool cat
Was Kennedy a democrat
Do Hacedic men wear hats
Are you the business

Will narcotics get you hooked
Did Dostoyevsky write the odd book
Was Al Capone a bit of a crook
Are you the business

Did Buddy Holly wear horn-rimmed specs
Is czechoslovakia full of czechs
Did Sigmund Freud consider sex
Are you the business

Did Elvis ever rock 'n roll
Did James Brown have any soul
Will I touch you with a ten-foot barge pole
Are you the business

"Are you the business"
John Cooper Clarke

This Cooper Clarke poem always reinvigorates my Tiger heart.
Once a Tiger always a Tiger, Rush. Chin up, Chest out!

The team is better than any individual player, but I do know what you mean. Richo helped us all get through some ugly seasons. Given that this one is possibly going to be the ugliest in a while, it would have been nice to have the distraction of Richo cracking it because the ball wasn't delivered right or watching him bust his gut running from one end of the ground to the other marking the ball as if we had a whole team of Richo's out there.

Have to agree, just doesnt look like anyone of our players would bleed for the jumper like richo would. Felt the same yesturday.

Ian4 said:
glantone, what drugs are you on? :hihi

:) actually 4, I think it’s an ocd thing manifesting itself in the absence of the appropriate drugs - I just like this poem so much that I feel compelled to slip it into every thread (on the barest of pretences mind you) that PRE has to offer. Also into every conversation I may have.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have many bare pretences to find .....

A small group of us were reflecting on this last week - as the Blooz tore us apart :-[

I thought there was a glimmer of hope with Relton Roberts (he of silky skills - but no ticker)

But last night the flicker became a flame!!!!!

Dustin Martin will have everyone saying "Deledio who??" in only a few weeks.

Here's hoping :)

Thats because we dont have someone that will win the game off their own boot. For us to win a game its gonna take at least 15 of the 22 to have a GOOD game.
In the past if Richo showed up with 10 or so players we were a chance to knock off most teams.
The sad truth is most of us look at our team and we dont know where that win is gonna come from. The light at the end of the tunnel is soo far away its hard to get excited about it. Thats why we are flat.... its hard to go to a game, watch half a dozen nice pieces of play that will get u sitting on the edge of your seat.
No need to creamate the number 12 jumper just yet.... i know im not ready to! I still have a faint hope for a miricale that richo turns into benjamin button and starts getting younger again!!!