I hate our podcast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

I hate our podcast

Tigerflag2008 said:
Harsh.

Never been a big fan but it has its place. No fun for anyone at the moment and I would not envy being in the RFC communications department.

Personally I get my kicks out of the Richmond Tiger Talk, although feel for them trying to bat up each week for a podcast when we are playing so sh!t.

Nick and Andy are my favs, but I still listen to both

I like the podcast. Richo and Greenberg are hilarious in their banter. I feel like I could be there with them joining in

strachanie19 said:
Rather listen to Nick and Andy on Richmond Tiger Talk...much more in tune with the feelings of us real supporters.

Agree. They do a great job.

The TT with Richo, AC and Greeners is mostly a bit of fun with a small bit of critical analysis of the team.

I reckon the club does a great job with the podcast, Dimma's Dissection and the various social media forums. As supporters we get a heap of interaction with the club and should be thankful for it, despite all the primary school level of b**ching and moaning about all things Tigers.

BT Tiger said:
Nick and Andy are my favs, but I still listen to both

I find Nick and Andy's podcast quite frustrating. The sound quality is often terrible, one of them occasionally reverts to a grating high-pitched voice, and often the only revelation they provide is through interviews with outsiders (eg Champion Data). I would rather listen to an openly honest review of the overall team, and individual performances of players, rather than the usual "umm... yeah... Vlossy was OK I suppose..." comments.

They should be congratulated on having a go at doing a podcast, of course, but to go to that much trouble and then not provide any cutting-edge analysis seems to me to be a bit of a waste of time.

Baloo said:
What is a "fat rich Toorak" feel ? How does it differ from any other feel ?

Don''t mistake me for a Toorakite. Nothing could be further

Agree, no way Baloo would step foot in Toorak. Brighton all the way for the great man.

The Pod is great work by the club, can't be easy doing that gig. They can't tear shreds.

Baloo said:
really ? Duds. Should be Delisted.

Though the fact they use the PRE nicknames for players is pretty cool.

Who are they floating round on here? I reckon it's Spook and his motor cycle gang. Great POD by Nick and Andy, honest and harsh but not overs. Good lads.

SCOOP said:
Who are they floating round on here? I reckon it's Spook and his motor cycle gang. Great POD by Nick and Andy, honest and harsh but not overs. Good lads.

I know, but iid have to kill you if I told you.

They are the voice of the common fan and I always look forward to the podcast. I do wish they would run with Jarhead though.

Baloo said:
I know, but iid have to kill you if I told you.

They are the voice of the common fan and I always look forward to the podcast. I do wish they would run with Jarhead though.

You've wanted to kill me for years.

The common fan is something you and your Brighton yuppie tennis court having mates have no idea about.

SCOOP said:
You've wanted to kill me for years.

The common fan is something you and your Brighton yuppie tennis court having mates have no idea about.

True, nothing common about us. Now get back to work and yes, I'd like fries with my burger thanks.

After being critical of the podcast earlier in the season, I've found the more recent episodes to be really interesting. It helps when we're winning, of course, but the insights and player analysis have been a big improvement. Well done guys.

davidc0055 said:
I find Nick and Andy's podcast quite frustrating. The sound quality is often terrible, one of them occasionally reverts to a grating high-pitched voice, and often the only revelation they provide is through interviews with outsiders (eg Champion Data). I would rather listen to an openly honest review of the overall team, and individual performances of players, rather than the usual "umm... yeah... Vlossy was OK I suppose..." comments.

They should be congratulated on having a go at doing a podcast, of course, but to go to that much trouble and then not provide any cutting-edge analysis seems to me to be a bit of a waste of time.

Agreed they should be congratulated for having a go and the content is, generally, pretty good. However, they must work on their delivery. It has a funereal atmosphere at times. They should listen to the Hun's SuperFooty podcast for pointers. I find it to be one of the best footy programs, across all mediums.

I don't like Greeners and AC on our podcast TBH. I find them pretty boring. I'd like to see Richo, Nathan Brown and Newy or something.

SCOOP said:
HA! Just saw this - it ain't me.

davidc0055 said:
After being critical of the podcast earlier in the season, I've found the more recent episodes to be really interesting. It helps when we're winning, of course, but the insights and player analysis have been a big improvement. Well done guys.
Love both podcasts (Nick/Andy since they began and the Club one for the last couple of years).
They're both absolute musts for me via the pod player while doing something like mowing lawns or being at the gym.
Each in their own ways offer great insight and entertainment.