Heared on SEN about JR's attitude in the huddle on Footy Confid? Wot happened | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Heared on SEN about JR's attitude in the huddle on Footy Confid? Wot happened

Philster

Tiger Rookie
Jan 29, 2007
Heading says it all...heared on SEN that JR's attitude in the huddle at one stage highlighted by Footy Confidential, I missed it...what happened, what was your take on it... ???

well he certainly deserved a bake if that was what his reaction was about, played from behind, allowing his opponent to mark(or3) a mile in front of him uncontested, BLOODY LAZY...he looked like a 3rd rate bum on sunday night, he should be embarrassed with that performance

Two things I noticed him do that didn’t look good.

½ time in the rooms the forward coach was talking to the forwards, all other 5/6 players were focussed on what he was saying
Jack spent the time looking at the roof, the walls, the floor.

¾ time huddle, Newman had the players all linked arm in arm and revving them up.
Jack stood at the back and wasn’t listening or even looking at Newman, all the others were.

Take what you will from it but it didn’t look good on top of some lazy, arrogant efforts on field.

Just my take

B1

Which club is having coffee meetings with him behind our back?

I want to know.

Something's going on. :mad:

smasha said:
Just hope he's head is in the right place.

Whats with the huh?Gen Yer or something?

I wish!

"Huh?" was just quicker than "Given that there is no mention of coffee in any of the previous posts, could you please expand on your reference to coffee meetings?"

:)

I gathered what he meant by it is other teams might be meeting with JR behind our backs thus him looking disinterested.

EDIT: Well there you go.

I wouldn't view a clip taken out of context to have much meaning.

Onfield is a different matter.

velo said:
I wouldn't view a clip taken out of context to have much meaning.

Onfield is a different matter.

Seems plenty has been made of this though, so it can;t have been that innocuous.

As his Pres, I must say this may be something of what we get from Jack occasionally. Don;t think there is too much Jack keeps to himself, from what we see anyway. Think his heart is worn on his sleeve a bit. The good thing about this is if everyone else moves on, he is likely to as well.

The good will far outweigh any negative over the journey.

Re: Heared on SEN about JR's attitude in the huddle on Footy Confid? Wot happen

Hopefully just a bad night for Jack. I suppose being the key forward under misguided long bombs will get you down after a while. Probably shows that Richo was able to deal with it quite well in hindsight.

Dimma needs to pull him aside and tell that his sulking will not be tolerated and the next step is a trip to Coburg.

His body language was petulant and disinterested.
He was showing no respect to the forward coach.
His first effort after the break was deplorable.

A trip out to Coburg this week beckons.
He needs to remove this part of his game.

Considering that it was nothing more than a thirty second silent grab from the in rooms camera that the media flogs were hyperventilating over.
Would it be in some small way possible that Jaaack already knew he was playing like crap and had already possibly been given his own personal bake off the coaching staff. Also that perhaps the cameras picked him up just at the time when he was trying to re organise/ refocus himself after copping his earfull off the coaches.
There's all sort of possible dribble that paid experts could apply to the footage in the rooms, just to create a bit of drama. If I recall correctly the forward coach didn't seem to perturbed about Jaaack not paying attention.

TigerMasochist said:
Considering that it was nothing more than a thirty second silent grab from the in rooms camera

Is this vision available on line - I'd like to see what all the fuss is over.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Seems as though, via vision and what the commentators could imterpret, jack was a bit of a sooky la la.
Sooky la la ;D ;D ;D

BillyJean17 said:
well he certainly deserved a bake if that was what his reaction was about, played from behind, allowing his opponent to mark(or3) a mile in front of him uncontested, BLOODY LAZY...he looked like a 3rd rate bum on sunday night, he should be embarrassed with that performance
:clap Totally agree- needs to get in front and play for the team- that effort on Sunday was as poor as it gets

I was disappointed in what I seen from Jack. He was like a petulant child and it was not a very good look. I think he needs a spell in the reserves just to reflect and to consider his actions. He is not above the team and things like this cannot be tolerated. If he spent as much time trying to fix his flaws as he does moping around then maybe we could accept that attitude. He doesnt have that win at all cost attitude and that is not a good sign for me.