Goal of the Year - Is Edwards' goal a contender? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goal of the Year - Is Edwards' goal a contender?

Edwards' goal tonight against Brisbane is that a contender for goal of the year?

• Total voters

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Edwards' slippery dance along the point line around 4 or 5 opponents - then a banana kick to slot the goal - that was freakish - is that a chance for GOAL OF THE YEAR.

Or GOAL OF THE WEEK

Or just another goal which was made to look better by weak defence!

Have your vote - you can have two selections....................

The 'euphoria' factor has an effect on how people regard goals and marks. The commentators would've erupted if it was Riewoldt or Cousins, as they'd be anticipating something when he first got the ball. Because it was a relative unknown in Edwards, it kind of snuck up on them.

I am by no means Edwards greatest fan but that goal has to be a serious contender for goal of the year.

He has Milne and Franklin ahead of him for goal of the year, but definitely a chance for Goal of the Week, in the mould of Bews' goal

Yep all the Buddylove out there will kill off anything that Eddy can conjour - he'd have to have been on top of the goal post, flung himself inwards to a kick going behind, connected checkside causing the ball to arc with a 2.7 degree of difficulty while still landing on his feet to beat all the Buddylove - was a very good goal though ;D

Streak said:
Not much chance for goal of the year. And Buddy looks to have goal of the week for mine.
Agree, but very good nonetheless

Tigers of Old said:
Those 2 Buddy goals are up there with the greatest ever.

Agreed, but did anyone else notice the way he bounces the ball? It looks very awkward.

Total Tiger said:
Agreed, but did anyone else notice the way he bounces the ball? It looks very awkward.

Yeh its terrible. Really needs to improve in this area. Once he get's it right he should be able to start bouncing from the back flank.

Bill James said:
Exactly, Richo kicked points that were more miraculous than those goals.

Similar to Buddy, I've seen Tivendale kick running goals from those positions.