Get well Disco | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get well Disco

Like a lot of others i had the no 8 him on my jackets, both signed and cherished. Bumped into him before the 17 prelim, he was nervous like the rest of us supporters but thought they'd do the job. Hope he's recovering quickly and we see him up and about.

Reactions: 1 users
I was a young teenager when I joined the cheersquad and we had the best full forward in the Land, and his name is Michael Roach.

Get well Disco, it'll soon be your turn to present the Grand Final Cup to the club.

Michael Roach is in intensive care after complications from triple bypass

Prayers fir Disco for a speedy recovery

the media are saying he had a heart attack. did he have a heart attack, which led to the ripple bypass? Or did he have a triple bypass to avoid a heart attack?

In todays modern media, its hard to get the facts.

the media are saying he had a heart attack. did he have a heart attack, which led to the ripple bypass? Or did he have a triple bypass to avoid a heart attack?

In todays modern media, its hard to get the facts.

Heart attack, then bypass. This all happened last week though and should be out of intensive care today.

I suspect the media has done the right thing and not reported it until things stabilised.

I suspect the media has done the right thing and not reported it until things stabilised.

that would be a first. the herald Scum usually jumps at the chance of posting this stuff (and provide limited information) so they can set off the cookers bull5hit myocarditis conspiracy.

Echo everyone's thoughts and well wishes for Disco.
I too had a number 8 on my jumper.
Great photo of that mark v Hawks.
I have a black and white version of it framed.
Get well big fella.

Disco Sux, gawd what a horrible noise in clubs n pubs when I was still a young bloke. What???? Ooops, Roachy's crook, damn, wrong Disco. Legend Roachy, get well soon n keep that ticker rattlin.

one of the nicest blokes ive met in football
was always at training when Tom was at the club
one of my favs too

Heart attack, then bypass. This all happened last week though and should be out of intensive care today.

He initially had stents and ended up with a bypass which makes me think that it was more serious than initially thought. The press release said he had complications.
The thing with a bypass is that recovery and rehab takes a long time because they have essentially cracked open the chest and operated. A doctor once described bypass surgery to me as like being in a major car accident but with the damage being inflicted by the surgeon.
Our medicos are fantastic in this space and recovery rates are incredibly good by world standards so I am sure he is in great hands.

Reactions: 4 users
Great to hear Disco is home recuperating from what is a huge physical ordeal.

Best Wishes for his further recovery!!

Reactions: 3 users