Get well Disco | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get well Disco

Oh geez. Beyond footy, I know him from business dealings. Terrific fella. (Crippled with bad knees and hips a few years ago.) Saw him at the footy watching the Tiges a few times last year. He watches us still, a lot.

Cmon Disco. You can do it. Fly again.

1675672364285.jpeg

Reactions: 21 users
Just saw something on twitter but it was behind a paywall. That's not great news. The number 8 was proudly on the back of my duffle coat. I hope he makes a speedy recovery

Reactions: 4 users
Get well soon Disco! I have a photo with him at a family day going back 25 years. My brief meeting with him was one of a man who has plenty of time for the Tiger faithful.

Just saw something on twitter but it was behind a paywall. That's not great news. The number 8 was proudly on the back of my duffle coat. I hope he makes a speedy recovery
Yep, on my duffle coat too! Get well Disco

Get well soon Disco ..my second fave player of that era behind Jimmy Jess . Was there on the top of the old southern stand next to the cheer squad with my dad when he took that mark, it was amazing ..Met him a few time's seemed a really intelligent and a nice guy .

Reactions: 2 users
Oh geez. Beyond footy, I know him from business dealings. Terrific fella. (Crippled with bad knees and hips a few years ago.) Saw him at the footy watching the Tiges a few times last year. He watches us still, a lot.

Cmon Disco. You can do it. Fly again.

View attachment 17944
IMO. The greatest mark of all time.
I‘ve got the Open Mike episode he was on. Recorded October 2020. Will rewatch it again in the next few days. One of my favourite players growing up

Reactions: 1 user
Love Roachy.
The chant 'We have the best forward in the league'
Still rings in my ears
Get well champion

I have “that mark” as my banner on this site. Disco is one of my favourite Tigers.
If he has had a heart attack, a stent and a triple bypass all in a week but he is almost out of intensive care then it sounds like he is definitely on the mend, although he will be in rehab for a while!
Get well champ

I've had the pleasure of kicking the ball to Disco a few times in legends games. Though Flea was always peeved that I'd bypassed him for Roachy.

Roachy was my hero as a kid so there was only ever one target in my eyes. Get well soon Disco.

Last edited:
My favorite player when i was a young teenage girl
Was there when he took THAT mark - should have won mark of the year
Was there when he kicked the ton
Such a lovely person - very humble
Always willing to talk to fans
Get well soon Roachie !!!!

The only player I ever wore on my duffle coat.
Same. He signed the number 8 on mine in the Princes Park car park. in pen. I went over it in texta and wore it to school every day that winter.