Gameday vs Giants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday vs Giants

The girls sing the song in tune with far more gusto than the guys and without the 'bom bom bom', I appreciate this

Reactions: 2 users
glad we hung on and won. looked good for the most part. Brennan much better!

Reactions: 1 user
Some of the free kicks paid in this comp, in all the games, are deadset embarrassing

That was a solid win.

Clear improvement in skills (Poppy Kelly kept taking intercept marks - hire her to teach Samson Ryan how to mark). The marking was better and their ball gathering was way better than the men manage. Tackling and defensive pressure were also very good. Players positioning to be an outlet was good. Lot's of good signs, need to keep going.

We seemed to drop off in the second half, but to be fair GWS lifted, and our defence held up well.

Next week should be a challenge against Sydney, hopefully another good performance and we can win.

Reasonable crowd at the game, good to go to suburban footy.

No idea why we play Carlton at Princes Park in a couple of weeks, bit like the men's home game at Docklands against StKilda. Not like we can't play at Punt Rd, play again there later in the season.

DS

That was a solid win.

Clear improvement in skills (Poppy Kelly kept taking intercept marks - hire her to teach Samson Ryan how to mark). The marking was better and their ball gathering was way better than the men manage. Tackling and defensive pressure were also very good. Players positioning to be an outlet was good. Lot's of good signs, need to keep going.

We seemed to drop off in the second half, but to be fair GWS lifted, and our defence held up well.

Next week should be a challenge against Sydney, hopefully another good performance and we can win.

No idea why we play Carlton at Princes Park in a couple of weeks, bit like the men's home game at Docklands against StKilda. Not like we can't play at Punt Rd, play again there later in the season.

DS
Last year, I think Cymbal Hands Hampson was an assistant coach and they couldn’t catch a cold. Hopefully he’s not still there and that could be why the marking has improved. Maybe Ryan had him as a coach.

Reactions: 2 users
Hampton is s
Last year, I think Cymbal Hands Hampson was an assistant coach and they couldn’t catch a cold. Hopefully he’s not still there and that could be why the marking has improved. Maybe Ryan had him as a coach.

Hampson is still there. ;)

That was a solid win.

DS
Mmm. Poppy has two hands.Samson needs only one.........................

• Haha
I went today with my daughter.

While the game and experience was good, I had some big negatives.

I watched the first quarter through the fence with my daughter, because the stupid ticketek barcode didn't work. I'm a Richmond aflw member.

Nobody in the members tents.

The ticketek office just shrugged and said I don't know, go to the members tents.

Eventually someone from the superstore helped me, but we missed the first quarter because of it.

Then I got told off by security because my 4yo daughter was in my arms sitting on the boundary fence. Her legs were blocking the advertising.

Also, hot jam donuts were 16 dollars for 6.

The girls played well though.

Better effort today. McClelland went well at the contest. The two debutants did alright in their first game and Brennan played a
captains game. Ellie Mackenzie could be Mon Conti MK2 except she often runs herself into trouble instead of disposing of the pill.
Unfortunately our key forward didn’t improve except for kicking a goal.
The two teams we have played were much better at getting to space and clean passing for uncontested marks.
The GWS Irish ruck in her second game is a running machine. Kicking is raw but she played very well.

Hammer still there also been assistant to Morris in the vfl
Very highly rated

Better effort today. McClelland went well at the contest. The two debutants did alright in their first game and Brennan played a
captains game. Ellie Mackenzie could be Mon Conti MK2 except she often runs herself into trouble instead of disposing of the pill.
Unfortunately our key forward didn’t improve except for kicking a goal.
The two teams we have played were much better at getting to space and clean passing for uncontested marks.
The GWS Irish ruck in her second game is a running machine. Kicking is raw but she played very well.
yes my negative is I think we lack leg speed, apart from Mon of course. When teams spread and run and gun we struggle . Grace Egan has to stop standing still and arguing with the Umps.
I hope he tries Beth Lynch through the middle, we need a sting and some speed of mind in there

I went today with my daughter.

While the game and experience was good, I had some big negatives.

I watched the first quarter through the fence with my daughter, because the stupid ticketek barcode didn't work. I'm a Richmond aflw member.

Nobody in the members tents.

The ticketek office just shrugged and said I don't know, go to the members tents.

Eventually someone from the superstore helped me, but we missed the first quarter because of it.

Then I got told off by security because my 4yo daughter was in my arms sitting on the boundary fence. Her legs were blocking the advertising.

Also, hot jam donuts were 16 dollars for 6.

The girls played well though.

Wow, that sucks. I was pissed off that I couldn't print the ticket and had to use my phone for my ticket along with my daughter and her partner's ticket, but the bar code not working is not acceptable. Any way to follow that up?

DS

You assumed wrong!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
........... as it turns out there were 996 other people watching.............

YEP - the total crowd attendance was 997 persons.

The AFLW is off to dire attendance numbers after two rounds - and it will be interesting to see whether the AFL / Media / Clubs will address this..

• Dislike