Game Day - Tiges V Dogs (RD 9) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Dogs (RD 9)

Feb 25, 2007
It's game Day folks.

Hope to see you all at the G tonight, players will appreciate the support from the yellow and black army.

The weather is fine, 19 degrees today (14 tonight).

An update to the team, Cumberland coming in with Baker out due to a corkie.
So much rumour talk about Bevo will be sacked if they don't win tonight. Maybe it is just annoyance talk from the dogs faithful frustrated with Bevo and their season to date.

Balta in helps our forward structure immensly and Lefau will now get the second-best tall.

I know some have questioned Prestia and Graham coming straight back in but we do need some bigger bodies and experience in the midfield as we got smashed in there last week.

Im tipping theTiges to notch up their 2nd win tonight.

Tiges by 9 points.

RD 9.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Why don’t we even try Floss in the middle? I know he’s very important down back. But give Brown a go at his role. Big body in the middle wouldn’t hurt. Played midfield originally.

Why don’t we even try Floss in the middle? I know he’s very important down back. But give Brown a go at his role. Big body in the middle wouldn’t hurt. Played midfield originally.

I do recall they tried him there many moons ago and didn't really work. I do prefer him down back but i guess at this point of time in the season wouldn't hurt to try it again if need be.

Reactions: 2 users
I do recall they tried him there many moons ago and didn't really work. I do prefer him down back but i guess at this point of time in the season wouldn't hurt to try it again if need be.
Yeah I’d like to see it. The midfield mix atm isn’t working haha.

Reactions: 1 user
With Baker out I expect to see Sonsie in the midfield more often especially if Cumberland plays a full game.
I would have Campbell as sub.
In the end this game will be won in the midfield. If we can somehow break even there we are not without a chance although I don’t expect it.
The lesson for this game is there for all to see. The one game we have won was with pressure and the dogs are a side who are very beatable if you pressure them enough.

Reactions: 4 users
As an aside let’s get to the MCG tonight to support the boys. I don’t want to see us out numbered by Dogs fans.

Reactions: 2 users
This update is not reflected in the team line-up with your post, that's why it was raised.

It's not updated full stop on Richmond's end (team sheet) with only one change being made hence why I still put up the team as per the website and added in cumbers for baker..
All good most have seen the team and know one change was made.

Update: Noah Cumberland has replaced Liam Baker in Richmond's final side for Saturday night's clash with the Western Bulldogs.
Baker will miss the Round 9 match with a corked leg.

Hoping Balta back will make a big difference, we have had no forward line. Prestia back will be good and we need him to be able to run out games.

Anyone looking for a ticket, I have a spare, my daughter can't come, ground level Punt Rd End, PM me if you are interested. It may have taken about 50 attempts but I finally got a seat I was happy with, why they don't allow you to choose your own seat and list all the other seats in the bay as either sold or unavailable is beyond me, it would certainly take some pressure off the servers at Ticketek if I only went to the site once instead of 50 times.

DS

Reactions: 3 users