Friday night game in Tassie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night game in Tassie

akotiger

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014
Great to see the Tigers play in Hobart next year. Even better on a Friday night. I just hope they come to play. I have seen them play in Tassie twice. Once up North when they were awful. And last year in Hobart. Again they were terrible. So time to step up in Tassie I think. Go Tigers.

And on both those occasions, the atmosphere was dead and bereft of any real noise. Most likely because 70% of the crowd were supporting the team whom was terrible.

Why friday and not Saturday night !!!!!!!! Would fly friday night spend the day in Hobart and then go to the footy????

akotiger said:
Great to see the Tigers play in Hobart next year. Even better on a Friday night. I just hope they come to play. I have seen them play in Tassie twice. Once up North when they were awful. And last year in Hobart. Again they were terrible. So time to step up in Tassie I think. Go Tigers.

Last year I watched it from the Talbot in New Town!

It will be freezing at that time of year - if Richmond/Nth had any sense they would demand that the AFL only play these games early in the season.

David C said:
It will be freezing at that time of year - if Richmond/Nth had any sense they would demand that the AFL only play these games early in the season.
Maybe they'll want to rest about 15 of their players due to the chance of catching a cold!

David C said:
No colder than Melbourne - lived there until I was 15. Who cares; we play; we win.

Dont the Europeans play soccer in the middle of winter in temps below zero? Im sure we will be fine.

David C said:
Yep for sure, there'll be icebergs floating off Bellerive Beach for that one, given Antarctica is only a quick boat ride away. ::)

*smile* me, does anyone have any idea outside of old wives tales?

Really not much difference in climate from Melbourne or Geelong. And even if it was a few degrees cooler, still not as cold as soccer in the UK and Europe. Or American football in the Northern US states. Australians generally have NO perspective of what 'cold' or 'freezing' weather is.

zgod said:
Dont the Europeans play soccer in the middle of winter in temps below zero? Im sure we will be fine.
Yeah but not many contested overhead marks taken during those games! And more of the players these days wear gloves when it's cold and they don't even touch the ball.

zgod said:

yes. and soccer fans light fires and flares.
coincidence?

I'm not a pessimist, but this game is lost at the fixturing table.

Seriously though, this would be the h&a game to win next year. We got a stinkin' monkey on our backs with the nomads & Hobart.

Panthera Tigris said:
Yep for sure, there'll be icebergs floating off Bellerive Beach for that one, given Antarctica is only a quick boat ride away. ::)

*smile* me, does anyone have any idea outside of old wives tales?

Really not much difference in climate from Melbourne or Geelong. And even if it was a few degrees cooler, still not as cold as soccer in the UK and Europe. Or American football in the Northern US states. Australians generally have NO perspective of what 'cold' or 'freezing' weather is.

I lived in Tassie for a couple of years. You sound very defensive about the weather. I loved it. I remember the street near my house in West Hobart being covered with thick snow on a couple of occasions. I also recall the freezing wind chill factor coming off Mt Wellington. Maybe if Hobart doesn't get that cold now there's good support for the climate change and global warming theories.

CC TIGER said:
Barnbugle in the day, footy at the night , may just be a plan.......Launceston to Hobart 3 hrs ?

It's a little over two hours CCT. Enjoy Barnbugle mate, amazing course.

snaps truly said:
It's a little over two hours CCT. Enjoy Barnbugle mate, amazing course.
Thanks ST, that's even better. I've played there a couple of times, love it, oops haven't played lost farm though so that will be cool. Last time I played my mate shot 73 with a 10 on the short par 4 on the back nine, after his drive he was only 15ft from the flag :hihi

rosy23 said:
I lived in Tassie for a couple of years. You sound very defensive about the weather. I loved it. I remember the street near my house in West Hobart being covered with thick snow on a couple of occasions. I also recall the freezing wind chill factor coming off Mt Wellington. Maybe if Hobart doesn't get that cold now there's good support for the climate change and global warming theories.

I used to surf down at Dodges Ferry as a kid and when a cool change came in those waves came direct from Antarctica and I'm almost sure that they had ice-cubes on top of 'em, so I do know how cold it can get there.