Freo's Michael Johnson Up in smoke. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Freo's Michael Johnson Up in smoke.

Tigers of Old said:
He hadn't even signed with Richmond. :headscratch

Cousins had been involved in a string of situations, his suspension was not just because of a one off instance.

As for Johnson, he'll get his whack.

As for Johnson, he'll get his whack or should that be smack?

Cousins went into rehab and has since admitted that he had used drugs habitually. Which part of this makes him having been treated unfairly? Glad he is now on the straight and narrow but let's not sugar-coat his past.

davidrodan said:
Say he was on 2 strikes would this constitute a 3rd?
Pretty certain it would DRod.
I'm sure Matty Stokes copped a strike for possession so Johnson will cop the same whack.

TigerMasochist said:
Pretty certain it would DRod.
I'm sure Matty Stokes copped a strike for possession so Johnson will cop the same whack.
Will be interesting to see if Johnson will get the 'fairy tap' that Stokes got.

Johnson has now been charged with cocaine possession and has been summonsed to appear at court in WA in July.

Connors suspended for 7 games for being drunk, and yet Johnson now cops an in-club suspension of just 5 games for cocaine possession !!!

How DO we judge nowadays?

TigerForce said:
Connors suspended for 7 games for being drunk, and yet Johnson now cops an in-club suspension of just 5 games for cocaine possession !!!

About right especially when Connors got violent and acted like a pork chop and Johnson seems to be operating pretty much like a normal adult.

So many anomalies though. Other one strikers dont get shamed or fined or suspended.

Cuz never tested positive, never convicted of a drug or violenece offence and yet brings the AFL into disrepute and gets a 12 month ban with the sword of damocles above his head. Maybe the MRP is overseeing their drug policy.

lamb22 said:
About right especially when Connors got violent and acted like a pork chop and Johnson seems to be operating pretty much like a normal adult.

So many anomalies though. Other one strikers dont get shamed or fined or suspended.

Cuz never tested positive, never convicted of a drug or violenece offence and yet brings the AFL into disrepute and gets a 12 month ban with the sword of damocles above his head. Maybe the MRP is overseeing their drug policy.
Sounds like a desperation act.

If Freo weren't in form with the possibility of making the finals, I reckon they would've suspended him with a longer term, maybe the whole season.

TigerForce said:

Some context required, connors was a repeat offender and got violent with team mates
Plus Freo are soft

ZeroGame said:
Some context required, connors was a repeat offender and got violent with team mates
Plus Freo are soft

A person with a bad habit/attitude to a person drug possession seems a big difference to me Zero.

TigerForce said:
Sounds like a desperation act.

If Freo weren't in form with the possibility of making the finals, I reckon they would've suspended him with a longer term, maybe the whole season.

If they were consistent with AFL policy they wouldn't suspend him at all. Probably better for Michael they did suspend him though to keep the peanut gallery off his back.

TigerForce said:
A person with a bad habit/attitude to a person drug possession seems a big difference to me Zero.
Geelong had a similar punishment for Steve Johnson's repeat drinking offences, which were again similar to Stokes' punishment for possesion
I did also point out that Freo are soft

It's certainly not a reason to suggest that Connors' punishment was too harsh

Not the whisper over here in WA. Apparently the 5 weeks is designed to coincide with his court appearance. The club is going to decide what to do once he has faced court. Talk is he has played his last game for them.

Streak said:
Stokes deserved to be sacked regardless. It is one thing using drugs, but buying them for your mates. That is disgraceful.

Gee that does it, last time I'm shouting a round.