Freo's Michael Johnson Up in smoke. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Freo's Michael Johnson Up in smoke.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Charged with possession.

Sorry, is being investigating by police over an alleged drug related matter. That's a bit more PC until the police decide if they are going to pursue it further.

Quite ironic after all these years of Freo fans calling West Coast druggies. I guess them the breaks.

Would be a bit more exciting if it was a good player though rather than just another average player or bit player who got into trouble. As long as it isn't us I say.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/fremantle-player-michael-johnson-caught-with-cocaine/story-e6frg12c-1225867927916
FREMANTLE defender Michael Johnson has allegedly been caught with cocaine, PerthNow can reveal. It is understood he was caught in possession of the drug on Saturday night.

Police would not say where the incident took place or reveal any details about the alleged offence but police sources have told PerthNow the matter was cocaine-related.

davidrodan said:
Say he was on 2 strikes would this constitute a 3rd?
according the H-Sun if he admits to taking the drug it is a strike. dont know what happens if he denies it. i assume they would go by what a court finds.

Geez, bad timing for Freo. Wondering how bad this will hurt the playing team

Brodders17 said:
according the H-Sun if he admits to taking the drug it is a strike. dont know what happens if he denies it. i assume they would go by what a court finds.

How does this rule work in relation to Cuz?

One strike what the :police: ?
Why was Cousins suspended by the AFL led by Dimwitwho?
Was Cuz caught with drugs in his posession or convicted of a drugs offence? The AFL suspended Cuz for 12 months to set "an example" but others that get caught get a strike ::)

btoz_01 said:
One strike what the :police: ?
Why was Cousins suspended by the AFL led by Dimwitwho?
Was Cuz caught with drugs in his posession or convicted of a drugs offence? The AFL suspended Cuz for 12 months to set "an example" but others that get caught get a strike ::)

Different rules for Richmond compared to the other clubs.

Everyone knows that by now.

smasha said:
Different rules for Richmond compared to the other clubs.

He hadn't even signed with Richmond. :headscratch

Cousins had been involved in a string of situations, his suspension was not just because of a one off instance.

As for Johnson, he'll get his whack.

Cousins got banned for bringing the game into disrepute. As kaToOy said, it's more about Cuz's antics than the actual admission that he was(is) an addict.