Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Thanks Nosebleed! One of a few things that Cornes has written or said that hits the mark.

If you are stuck with the paywall, click the following link and paste the article URL into the field and click the "Clean Webpage" button.

(y)
Thanks mate! Been using that link for a while but couldn't find a way to attach the graphics. Cornes meanwhile can definitely grate at times, and not all of his opinions hit the mark, but this one is a good take.

Some common sense in an article from Cornes, backed up by data.

*smile* you AFL.

Reactions: 1 user
Excellent article from Cornes comprehensively dismantling Steve Hocking's rule changes.

I can't recall the rule changes facing such criticism in the mainstream footy press. More will follow I imagine.

I couldn't paste the graphics but here's a link to the article:
While I whole heartedly agree, I feel like 'Excellent article' and 'By Cornes' are a dangerous combination of words on this forum.

• Haha
Excellent article from Cornes comprehensively dismantling Steve Hocking's rule changes.

I can't recall the rule changes facing such criticism in the mainstream footy press. More will follow I imagine.

I couldn't paste the graphics but here's a link to the article:

So Cornes can be a quality journalist. Well bugger me!!

Thats a great article and summises everything that most fans see with their eyes. The regime had changed from when these were implemented, they don't lose face by removing them and making the game better.

So Cornes can be a quality journalist. Well bugger me!!

Thats a great article and summises everything that most fans see with their eyes. The regime had changed from when these were implemented, they don't lose face by removing them and making the game better.
For all of his shortcomings, I would be quite happy for his 'take no prisoners' approach to be aimed at the AFL.

Reactions: 1 users
Cue the card carrying AFL apparatchik to denounce this heresy.
Should dispatch them a la Mr and Mrs Ceausescu.

The *smile* we do. How about you don't make sweeping *smile* statements about an entire state?
Agree, I'm a WA Tiger formerly from Vic. The number of times I hear on these forums that Perth is a backwater *smile* hole, mostly by people who have never even been here, is very annoying. I don't think some people have the intelligence to be able to differentiate between a team and a state.

Sure pay out on the team, but if you want to pay out on the state, get your facts straight and be prepared to cop some flak back. A bit of gentle ribbing is all good but sweeping generalisations that are predominantly wrong just shows your ignorance.