Foley's Contract | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foley's Contract

i don't know him at all, but from the impression he gives, he would be a reasonably loyal sort of guy so don't think there is a huge risk ....... we did take the initial 'risk' with him on the rookie list when no one else loved him!

must keep

Anyone questioning Foley's worth should have another look at the Vic vs All Stars game a couple of years ago. He was more than matching it with the likes of the best of the best.

My nephew started barracking for the tigers at the end of last year and only recently got a look at Foley, he says who the heck is this guy? hes great!

Nobody will be wanting to trade Ax after he rips a couple outta the guts this week and bombs em straight through the hi diddle diddle. Clearance genius.

Now that Deledio is a half-back and Tambling is a forward or back pocket, we need Foley more than ever.

Barnzy said:
Agreed. Foley is very important.

The whole idea of trading away your GOOD players is just ridiculous. I see a lot of people talking about trading Deledio, Foley, Riewoldt and asking what their trade value would be worth, etc. You're effectivley losing an established quality player and going back to square 1 to try and find a GOOD player who is also 18 and requires years of development. Kind of defeats the purpose. Only way this type of scenario should ever happen is if another clubs offers us a very, very good deal in our favour that is too hard to refuse.

Trade away the players you don't want and can't see apart of the future ala Raines/Schulz last year for extra picks or pick upgrades. Suprisingly clubs see value in these type of players going off last year and it will only get more hectic as the GC comes in.

Isnt that what i said, but some here are just as deluded as some on Big footy

His excelleration must be Judd like, as I cant think of too many players who consitently burst from the centre bounce and have space as they run to the 50

lamb22 said:
You advocate for duds and yet want to get rid of of one of our most important players.

The key to a succesful side is having midfield and running strength and depth. Sunday was an important game in that it showed Jackson could play a shut down role and Cotchin Foley and Martin could provide the inside grunt and class to overwhelm Hawks whose only real attribute in their inside mids.

Foley is far more important than a half back flanker by the way!
All i said was Foley isn,t untouchable.If the GC are keen then why not listen to what they offer?Foley more important than Deledio.Don,t make me laugh.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
All i said was Foley isn,t untouchable.If the GC are keen then why not listen to what they offer?Foley more important than Deledio.Don,t make me laugh.
Actually disagree with you crazy horse.

Foley last week gave us first use of the football....moved the pill in our direction and was a clearance king...... Lids played an easy role as half back conductor which could have ben filled by many a less talented footballer.

IMO Foley is much more important structurally than Lids.

Agreed Roller although the King of Ruckmen _ Angus - did have a big hand in us getting first use of the footy too..
Axel is our next skipper in waiting.
Heard him on SEN tonight and he sounded like a contented player.
They asked him about GC ,he said he had signed a 3 yr contract and was happy at Tigerland - hope he was serious.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Actually disagree with you crazy horse.

Foley last week gave us first use of the football....moved the pill in our direction and was a clearance king...... Lids played an easy role as half back conductor which could have ben filled by many a less talented footballer.

IMO Foley is much more important structurally than Lids.
One Luke Hodge plays off the HBF.

Barnzy said:
Hodge is playing more midfield this year.
He starts on half back and moves into the midfield if required, like he did against us last weekend.
We'll have the same luxury with Lids when we can get some better disposers of the football down back

ZeroGame said:
He starts on half back and moves into the midfield if required, like he did against us last weekend.
We'll have the same luxury with Lids when we can get some better disposers of the football down back

Agreed. When Connors comes back and teams up with Webberly.

MrRuss said:
It would be a damn shame to see Connors go just as he is showing the class and skill we (some) always thought he had. As soon as his suspension ends he should be straight back in the team into the back half to release Lids back into the midfield.

:clap Spot on.
We should keep Foley too.
He a good B grader and provides leadership too with his dedication.
We need leadership.

Rfc4Ever said:
Connors will be an interesting one. Showed good form before his suspension and has been listed as Coburg's best just about every game since.
Could have some trade value if GC show some interest...or they could just sign him being out of contract at years end
[/quo

So does this mean that Jack is out of contract at the end of this yearte]

Sorry my last post got mudled in the quote am i correct in assuming jack is out of contract at the end of 2010 according to earlier posts, if so i hope we are moving heaven and earth to sign him up

I don't think it was a coincidence that we convincingly won the clearences last week in Foley's second game back from injury. Foley does a lot of in and under work and is one of the best clearance players in the AFL. We would be stupid to trade him, I think he will be the senior leader of a gun midfield in a few years time.