Foley's Contract | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foley's Contract

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Matt White on Sport 927 this morning threw Nathan Foleys name into the ring for players that Gold Coast will be signing this year.

Does anyone know the status of Nathans contract?

(I know someone had a list of contracts on here somewhere, but i'll be buggered if I can find it - apologies if this is a double up)

According to that list.Foley is contracted until the end of 2012.
Doesn,t mean we can,t trade him to the GC if they offer us something good. ;D

Well if that list is accurate, it's another case of shitty research by the media then - White was adamant that Foley was one being targetted as out of contract. I should have known better.

Found this at the below link in player and team review

Contracts List:
As at 4/5/2010

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Deledio, Foley, Martin, McGuane

2013: Cotchin

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=36159.0

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
According to that list.Foley is contracted until the end of 2012.
Doesn,t mean we can,t trade him to the GC if they offer us something good. ;D

yep that will work....now that he has become a gun lets trade him for an untried 18 yo skinny kid who will take five years to develop if he even makes it!!!!

why dont we also offer deledio and martin for a set of steak knives.

nqtiger said:
yep that will work....now that he has become a gun lets trade him for an untried 18 yo skinny kid who will take five years to develop if he even makes it!!!!

Mmmmmmm...steak.

nqtiger said:

Unlike Lids and Martin.Foley isnt untouchable.

After what he's shown in the past and on sunday (with limited preparation) he bloody well should be!!!!

BIGNIGE said:

Contracts List:
As at 4/5/2010

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

Connors will be an interesting one. Showed good form before his suspension and has been listed as Coburg's best just about every game since.
Could have some trade value if GC show some interest...or they could just sign him being out of contract at years end

It would be a damn shame to see Connors go just as he is showing the class and skill we (some) always thought he had. As soon as his suspension ends he should be straight back in the team into the back half to release Lids back into the midfield.

BIGNIGE said:

Contracts List:
As at 4/5/2010

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Deledio, Foley, Martin, McGuane

2013: Cotchin

:wavey

Polo very boderline. Moore/Tambling could be trade bait.

You advocate for duds and yet want to get rid of of one of our most important players.

The key to a succesful side is having midfield and running strength and depth. Sunday was an important game in that it showed Jackson could play a shut down role and Cotchin Foley and Martin could provide the inside grunt and class to overwhelm Hawks whose only real attribute in their inside mids.

Foley is far more important than a half back flanker by the way!

No player should be untouchable if the price is right but Nathan is a very important player in our midfield and I can't see him being traded. If Lids and Dustin prove to be as valuable then we'll be a long way down the track to success.

DH praised Nathan on EOTT

Nathan Foley also was excellent. I must admit that I didn’t realise how good Nathan is, until I took the coaching job at Richmond. He’s a very important player for us with his ability to win centre clearances, break the lines and his clean ball use. Having ‘Axel’ back in the side also frees up Dustin Martin a bit as well, which is important. Last Sunday was the first time this season we’ve had our full midfield up and going, and it’s no coincidence that we won the clearances so convincingly.

lamb22 said:
You advocate for duds and yet want to get rid of of one of our most important players.

The key to a succesful side is having midfield and running strength and depth. Sunday was an important game in that it showed Jackson could play a shut down role and Cotchin Foley and Martin could provide the inside grunt and class to overwhelm Hawks whose only real attribute in their inside mids.

Foley is far more important than a half back flanker by the way!

Agreed. Foley is very important.

The whole idea of trading away your GOOD players is just ridiculous. I see a lot of people talking about trading Deledio, Foley, Riewoldt and asking what their trade value would be worth, etc. You're effectivley losing an established quality player and going back to square 1 to try and find a GOOD player who is also 18 and requires years of development. Kind of defeats the purpose. Only way this type of scenario should ever happen is if another clubs offers us a very, very good deal in our favour that is too hard to refuse.

Trade away the players you don't want and can't see apart of the future ala Raines/Schulz last year for extra picks or pick upgrades. Suprisingly clubs see value in these type of players going off last year and it will only get more hectic as the GC comes in.

I must admit I had forgotten how good he is, great player who could be in the midfield rotation of a premiership team