FIFA World Cup 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FIFA World Cup 22

Couple of additions Posh. I think Ramsdale will be #1 by then as well. (Keep an eye on a young keeper named Jo Bursik as well.)

Was thinking the same. I like Ramsdale a lot. Joe Bursik is a good goalkeeper. He was on loan at my club Peterborough a couple of years ago. He was a rock for our last 6 games of our promotion campaign. Just got to make sure he continues to play for England and doesn't get convinced to go and play for the Czech Republic

England played well enough to win but France made the most of their chances.

Giroud, a penalty area predator, the difference. England (& most other nations to be fair) lack that player with goal sense in the penalty area & 6 yd box especially. Kane is great but a different type of player.

Referee very poor, looked out of his depth so you'd think he's 'a lock' to be involved in the semis, if not final.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Was thinking the same. I like Ramsdale a lot. Joe Bursik is a good goalkeeper. He was on loan at my club Peterborough a couple of years ago. He was a rock for our last 6 games of our promotion campaign. Just got to make sure he continues to play for England and doesn't get convinced to go and play for the Czech Republic
He came through the AFC Wimbledon academy (my team). He got snapped up at a young age.

Fantastic to watch Messi this morning
For a whole variety of reasons I hope he and the team go on to win - one of the reasons being that it would pee off C Ronaldo no end

Would love to see Messi’s GPS match stats - he spends a good percentage of every game just slowly walking in the background (of the TV broadcast). Reckon he walks more than any player ever - but then he switches on the jet power.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeh, he really is phenomonal.

Australia's formline is pretty good.

Fantastic to watch Messi this morning
For a whole variety of reasons I hope he and the team go on to win - one of the reasons being that it would pee off C Ronaldo no end

Would love to see Messi’s GPS match stats - he spends a good percentage of every game just slowly walking in the background (of the TV broadcast). Reckon he walks more than any player ever - but then he switches on the jet power.
He is great. There have stats published about how much he walks from games at this World Cup. It is possible he would be an even better player if moved a little quicker at times (I would tell him that if I was his coach :mhihi), but what he does do as he walks it looks around- he spends his whole time scanning the pitch so he knows where everyone is, and where they should/could be before he gets the ball. this along we his skill and balance opens the game up for him like few others.

Argentina copped a lot of flack for their behaviour after beating the Dutch, but i read one good article highlighting the behaviour of the Dutch (including the coach) during the penalties. they were exactly showing good sportsmanship then, so they copped it back.

One more win Argies! C'mon!

Messi, what can you say. The virtuoso assist for the third goal. Stunning.

Overshadowed by the Victory *smile*, but here we are, the Final.

Here we go. Not sure that was a penalty, contact seemed to be after he was already falling.

• Angry
That's an odd double substitution before halftime. Dembele and Giroud off.

• Sad