Eagles whinging about Selwood compensation | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Eagles whinging about Selwood compensation

Peaka

Tiger Rookie
Feb 14, 2005
Whilst I think the AFL have made a mess of free agency compensation I think it's hilarious that the weaves are complaining about the Selwood compensation. If I recall correctly he was dropped for the grand final even when he was fit so not in their best 22. Funny how clubs are silent when it happens to others but all of a sudden it happens to them.

If I am silent now who will speak up when they come for me...........

everyone believes they should get a first round pick for who ever leaves by FA

Why didn't they just sign him?

Adelaide played there cards well and used the rules to their advantage.

The Eagles rolled over and let their man walk out.

Surely their is nothing to whine about.

Don't expect the AFL to compensate them for a poor decision.

No different to Carlton and Brisbane asking for compensation picks.

Poor management is all

I thought the eagles reaction was laughable... but in saying that, why the F doesn't the AFL tell clubs what compo a restricted FA is worth before they decide whether or not to match an offer? not rocket science.

French Tiger said:
Exactly, wasn't even in their best 22

The worse selwood to play the game.
Should be happy they even got compensated
Where was he in the GF....
Property sitting Nibisut :rofl

Yeah he's the 3rd worst. The whole compo thing is fraught. But as it stands their pick was right. White was more important to us at the time and we got zilch.

Ian4 said:
I thought the eagles reaction was laughable... but in saying that, why the F doesn't the AFL tell clubs what compo a restricted FA is worth before they decide whether or not to match an offer? not rocket science.

I believe the AFL give clubs an prior indication of what FA compo will be. WC would have some idea, they chose not to match and so take what's on offer. It's their call.

willo said:
I believe the AFL give clubs an prior indication of what FA compo will be. WC would have some idea, they chose not to match and so take what's on offer. It's their call.

yep, by any assessment, he was a fringe player. What did they expect?

The frawley debacle last year with Melbourne getting pick 3 gave rise to all these clubs making ambit claims for compensation

With two Selwoods and Dangerfield in Geelongs midfield there will be more ducks than a Chinese BBQ restaurant

non hogkins said:
With two Selwoods and Dangerfield in Geelongs midfield there will be more ducks than a Chinese BBQ restaurant

I Like it Non. ;D

Here's my interpretation...

First training run at Simonds Stadium in 2016...
White-faced_Whistling-Duck_3.jpg

I was pretty disappointed we got nothing for Matt White, who had just played a very good season. And then went on to have his career best year at Port. The system is hugely flawed, whatever compensation must be more market driven. I think we had a lot more to sook about than the eagles, but we moved on (the club that is, maybe not the supporters).

The biggest heist was Hawthorn getting what ~16 for buddy franklin. Yet 2 premierships later have had the last laugh.

System stinks, but I think there is a lot to be said by how a club conducts itself publicly.

I've just dropped off west coast's compo, it's heading down now they can pick it up from Werribee..