Draft Deals 2024 - How to turn a paperclip into a house | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft Deals 2024 - How to turn a paperclip into a house

Even better - If Brisbane lose and WB, Haw, Carlton win, pick 14 becomes pick 11.
isnt the draft order based on finished ladder position after finals?
So Lions to lose week 1.
Port and Cats straight sets.
Blues to lose week 1.

Reactions: 1 user
This could be the most compromised top 12 in AFL history, toothless. Leaving aside expansion years. That said I am harping a bit so I'll leave it alone for a while.
no worries Jack don't wish to start a debate with you other than to say it's a big call (your first sentence) especially if you include the expansion club concessions.

Reactions: 1 user
By using the box method.

Here's how it works:

1. You write down 2 potential deals. One is market value. One is ridiculous overs.
  2. You put the overs deal in a box.
  3. You show the market value deal to the club you're fleecing negotiating with
  4. You say "You guys can have this deal. Or.... you can have what's in the box!!!"
  5. You then say "We think you should take the box" just to mess with their heads.

At this point, all they can think about is the box. They yearn for its mysteries. It haunts their waking dreams. They have a fever, and the only prescription is to take the box.

And so they take the box.

And the tigers walk away with two 1sts, a future 1st, a meat tray, and a free car wash.

It's negotiation 101, people.
Here's how it works in practice:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users