Draft 2017 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft 2017

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Who is the Tambling' or 'Toompas' this year?
Who is the next Graham or Parker?

The draft is one of the best days in the Afl calendar, to see new kids get their chance at the highest level and the stick that comes with the non selection of kid that turns into a star.
With 3 picks in the top 30 is a really good result for us.
Hawthorn with their first pick in the 40's will hurt.
Collingwood struggling to confirm who is their target, pick 6 is cursed isn't it? :clap

Usually the day that is the highlight of most of us Tiger fans' footy year. Just doesn't seem to have the same buzz this year. Anyone would have thought we just won a premiership or something. :cupgold

yep. for many a year today was the hope we draft the next superstar that helps us lift a cup. The headlines post tonight I hope are can you believe Player "x" lasted that long in the draft and walks into Richmond.

With 3 picks inside 30, get 2 of those right and happy times ahead!

Tiger Pops said:
yep. for many a year today was the hope we draft the next superstar that helps us lift a cup. The headlines post tonight I hope are can you believe Player "x" lasted that long in the draft and walks into Richmond.

Naish bid goes our way it could be 4 in the top 30 ;)

DirtyDogTiger said:
Merry Draftmas
17. :grinsanta 20 :grinsanta. 25 :grinsanta Naish :grinsanta ?? :grinsanta

Our previous picks with these selections

- Pick 17 - This will be our first ever pick 17 in the draft. Closest was pick #18 with Rance in 2007 and Adam Pattison pick #16 in 2004.

- Pick 20 - Dean Polo 2004.

- Pick 25 Mark Coughlan in 2000

- Pick 53 Andrew Wisken 1987, Lionel Proctor 1997, Dan Jackson 2003, Jack Graham 2016

- Pick 55 Glen Hoffman 1991, Steven McKee 1996, Marc Dragicevic 1998, Chris Newman 2000, Matt Arnot 2011,

Panthera Tigris said:
Usually the day that is the highlight of most of us Tiger fans' footy year. Just doesn't seem to have the same buzz this year. Anyone would have thought we just won a premiership or something. :cupgold

Quite the opposite for me. Previous years been really frustrated with 1 pick around 12-14 while knowing really needing a lot better.
This year we have potentially 4 picks in the first 27 ( ncluding Naish ) so I'm super excited with a devil may care attitude because we're the Premiers!!
I'm definitely buzzing

Panthera Tigris said:
Has more of a buzz imo as we can actually pick good players these days

This is the first AFL meeting since the grand final. I have always watched in envy when the ceo congratulated the premiers.

This time it is US

Tiger Pops said:

Actually looking forward to this years draft more than usual. It's not about praying for the rolled gold super star this year, but it is about laying a couple more foundation stones for a Tiger era.

We've still got a good group of youngsters with a solid taste of seniors in development mode at the moment n we ( along with the Doggies ) could just have swung other clubs into reviewing the way they set up their lists. Could be the perfect time to tweak our drafting to stay ahead of the followers in a few years time, while they're still desperately trying to play catch up to where things are now.

This year many will want small fast forwards.
And a few quality talls will slip down the pecking order into the Tiger's hands.

Years of watching the draft tell me , tonight just tells us names, years into the future tells us weather it’s been a good draft or not .

Most years when it’s said to be an even draft means it’s a poor draft, bloody grinch on Xmas day.

There is no press red option this year. Let's hope they don't cut to inane interviews while the players are still being selected.