Dimma, Cotchy and the boys owe the fans an apology | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dimma, Cotchy and the boys owe the fans an apology

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Absolutely devastated as I'm sure most of you are, but my interpretation of the game is that we weren't beaten by a better team, we weren't outplayed, we weren't out coached, it's just that we are mentally weak.

I'm sure the players and the whole club is hurting, and rightly so, but the result came down to one plain and simple fact... when the pressure was on we panicked and went to water and they didn't. 70,000 members deserve better. 30 years of sh!t and then finals devastation. Our team is better than what we showed today, but we lost the respect of the footy world.

Richmond is still a laughing stock, and our long suffering fans deserve better. Not good enough!! We rightly should be angry, and we should expect and demand more from our footy club. We deserve an apology. And we expect the wrongs to be righted next year.

Whatever they say Ian won't remove the anger I and you and everyone else feels. They have talked a good game for 24 months ever since the Carlton debacle. Not much has changed. Personnel virtually the same and they made the same errors under pressure.

We need to take one or two steps back to go forward because this list won't take us to glory.

Ian4 said:
Absolutely devastated as I'm sure most of you are, but my interpretation of the game is that we weren't beaten by a better team, we weren't outplayed, we weren't out coached, it's just that we are mentally weak.

I'm sure the players and the whole club is hurting, and rightly so, but the result came down to one plain and simple fact... when the pressure was on we panicked and went to water and they didn't. 70,000 members deserve better. 30 years of sh!t and then finals devastation. Our team is better than what we showed today, but we lost the respect of the footy world.

Richmond is still a laughing stock, and our long suffering fans deserve better. Not good enough!! We rightly should be angry, and we should expect and demand more from our footy club. We deserve an apology. And we expect the wrongs to be righted next year.

That implies that we had it to begin with.

30 scoring shots to 14.

Our so called strong defence was useless today.

Cotchin owes another massive apology after embarrassing himself in a final.

Ian4 said:

Think they are all true on the day unfortunately. Bring on next season. :help

Ian4 said:

Utter Bulldust - we are all very disappointed. Outcoached - mental weakness. No! They had the drop on us because their players had a good rest. We ran out of puff.

And we ran out of puff against blues two years ago...sad we had 70000 of 90000 fans there

Maybe make a change against a spare in defence who takes 10 uncontested marks in one quarter.

Today is the day hurt and anger for the capitulation of a winnable match. Tomorrow is a new dawn to put in place plans to eradicate the mental fragility that plagues our club.
Onwards and upwards.

whilst this didn't lose us the game, i think the umpiring decision to not pay that free - you know the one - which was at such a critical point of the game, and Norf kicked a goal from the next play was HUGE. the umpires cannot make these mistakes at such moments. its soul destroying. No apologies necessary, aside from the Umps for this one.

North thought just keep 4-5 stars down anf and rest are not good enough to win, cotchin 9 touches, Ellis 10, Edwards 8, we lack enough class players, and too easy to cover so few, cotchins worst game of his career has seriously damaged how he is seen, not an A grader , we need more talent in midfield and quick mids.

Outcoached and went in with 3 unprepared players: Cotch, Griffith (injured) and Conca (underdone).

This is an interesting one. I began writing a response that questioned whether our loss was mental weakness or just a combination of skill errors at key moments and certain players not playing to the level we know they should be, but as I started typing out the list of those players I found myself starting to sway towards the notion that we are mentally not there yet. Cotchin, Deledio, Edwards, Ellis didn't set the world on fire.

And am I the only one that felt that north looked to have a team of bigger stronger bodies or did it just look that way because of the way the tiges played?

If their coach's ridiculous antics, petrie's punchable face and the niggly way they play isn't enough for every player to play out of their skins I don't know if there will ever be. I would love to be a fly on the wall at the dissection of this one.

All in all it's probably a combination of mental weakness, skill, decision making and a few players not doing their usual business.

How important is a top 4 spot?

Ian4 said:
I know this sounds very negative, but what if we made top 4 and went out in straight sets? Could definitely happen next year

That happened twice to Dimma, Lade, and Chocco at Port Adelaide off memory too :hihi

"We'll review this internally. We thought we were in the game. ......" what's to review? More disappointed than the pet Adelaide final. The coach should make some changes when things don't work

Frankly I do not want to hear an apology. I do not want to hear about how the defeat burns and will spur them on etc. Better to internalise these things than offer promises that the masses want to hear.

I don't want an apology that won't make any difference. I want to see them win a final at least one, but I don't think that will happen, either, not with the current group and coach. Players have to lift in finals and ours simply didn't.