Did anyone hear our song after the final siren? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did anyone hear our song after the final siren?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
You could hardly hear the song at the G after the final siren and it had nothing to do with the crowd.
It just sounded like someone had turned down the volume on the PA system
When we win its time to celebrate and i want the song played *smile*ing LOUD.

Commentators on fox were saying the scoreboard had reference to Nick and not Jack..... if true, pretty poor show by the MCG.
We paid to use the facility, they should have done better.

Yeah they showed the Coleman Medal race and it had "Nick Riewoldt" at the top. :-\

Also with the song, before the game I thought it was a bit quiet, West Coasts seem to be at a decent level but it seems the Eagles supporter in the box held a grudge against the might tigers.

It sucked because half the crowd was about 2 seconds late. At Least they didn't turn the volume down on "yellow and black" like they had in the past.

Anyway we'll just have to sing the song LOUDER next time :clap

I don't care how soft or loud they play it, the crowd always make up for it. The only thing that really matters is the end result.

btoz_01 said:
You could hardly hear the song at the G after the final siren and it had nothing to do with the crowd.
It just sounded like someone had turned down the volume on the PA system
When we win its time to celebrate and i want the song played *smile*ing LOUD.

Didn't have the speakers on at the top of the southern stand, I can confirm that.

I've watched many a game from exactly the same spot at the G and the song's never been this faint. It was a real downer not to hear a rousing rendition of the club song after such a great effort by the boys. Thumbs down to the MCG management who destroyed what should have been great atmosphere. It's not like we've had many opportunities to sing it this year. :'( :'( :'(

The pricks who run the sound system love doing this with important wins for our club. Same as when they did not play it at all in that big win some years ago.

i couldnt hear the song at all..i thought they werent playing it....really pathetic..but the crowd was loud

Yeah thats the second or third time that the volume was low after a win?..... pretty pathectic effort by MCG sound operators :mad:..... did't matter kids and i still sung it with gusto ;D

walhalla tiger said:
The pricks who run the sound system love doing this with important wins for our club. Same as when they did not play it at all in that big win some years ago.

Tony Schibeci from SEN is the game announcer at the MCG and a Richmond supporter so I'd think he would be aware of that.

After spending 5 minutes struggling to hear the song twice and looking at 'nick''s stats on the scoreboard the mcg security staff told us to move along as the ground was now closed. The players were barely off the ground. Poor form all round from the g :mad:

Don't know why, but the volume's been down all year for all sides, especially when they break through the banners at the start - you have to really listen hard sometimes to actually catch it!

Couldnt hear the song in the Southern Stand.
Strange though as the the person in charge of blowing the siren cant keep his finger off the button. They must press the button about 20 times a game. No problem hearing it as its deafening.