Deluded or justifiably satisfied | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Deluded or justifiably satisfied

Hate the word "satisfied". Hope we are never satisfied, even when we again win the premiership. However I can't think of a better word, so yes, I am SATISFIED so far.

I have been very critical of the club over many issues but I really think this is the change we have been waiting for so many years.
At least they seem to have learnt the lessons of the past - board responsibilty, staff delegation and responsibilty, unity of purpose across ALL parts of the club, priority of finances, clear goals and measurement of these goals.

The really weird thing is that I actually think we will turn it around in less than 12 months - will see some dramatic upswings. No reason or logic, just a gut feel I haven't had since Northey. Then it was a coach and players dragging the club forward against the anchor of board and staff factions, now it seems to be coming from the club and staff first with the players yet to realise what they can actually achieve.

I think the development area still needs to be improved in practice, at least in theory they seem to be making the right moves - eg Indigenous Training & Skills Development facility.
I also sense a more logical, even pragmatic look to the recruiting area with Hartley, a former AFL club Recruitment Manager, coming across to focus on list analysis, opposition scouting and free agency.

I won't be satisfied until the final siren goes on Grand Final Day and the scoreboard has the Tigers in front of whoever they're playing, but it has to start somewhere and at last it is finally beginning.

Agree that we are finally on the right track.
With good drafting and savvy trading we could really be steaming in 3 to 4 years.
Funny that you mention the *smile* taking at work, at mine it has somewhat abated. I think it's because we are finally not trying to be something we are not and are embracing what we are.
We are struggling no doubt about it but it looks as though finally we are putting the right measures in place to take this great club back to where it belongs.