Cousins OUT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cousins OUT

mb64 said:
Bit harsh there Hopper
Maybe you're right, Milty. But I just have a gut (and it's a decent gut) feeling that Cuz is getting more out of RFC than we are getting out of him atm.

play cousins in a foward pocket? anyone rekon that could give him a few more years.

He's stinking up the place along with Simmonds these days. Cousins is almost a liability this year. I hope we move them both on along with McMuffin come seasons end.

mad_doggy911 said:
He's stinking up the place along with Simmonds these days. Cousins is almost a liability this year. I hope we move them both on along with McMuffin come seasons end.

Of course its all the fault of Cuz that we are not competitive and cant win a game. ::)

btoz_01 said:
Of course its all the fault of Cuz that we are not competitive and cant win a game. ::)

I dont believe he said that at all. OMG Im sticking up for mad_doggy ;D

This leaves Tuck the oldest player at 28y136d, as was the case in the drawn R16 game last year against North. Prior to that, the last time the team's veteran was as young was R20, 1993. Team:

Todd Breman 27y291d
Jeff Hogg 26y304d
Tim Livingstone 25y328d
Brendon Gale 25y 28d
Craig Lambert 24y314d
Tony Free 24y 49d
Brad Fox 23y310d
Paul Bulluss 23y204d
Scott Turner 23y 76d
Barry Young 23y 50d
John Howat 23y 31d
Matthew Knights 22y314d
Bruce Lennon 22y257d
Ty Esler 21y339d
Chris Naish 21y322d
Wayne Hernaman 21y 92d
Wayne Campbell 20y326d
Simon Dennis 20y175d
James Thiessen 19y186d
Matthew Richardson 18y149d

That was at the tailend of a wretched season, when the future actually seemed bleaker than it does right now. Just two years later, only six of those players were part of the club's first finals side in 13 years. Keep the faith, people.

Tigers of Old said:
Not the least bit concerned about Simmonds and Cousins out.

Provides an opportunity for a younger player.

It does, but I wish I had more confidence in the depth of quality younger players getting a go. I reckon on what I have seen this year that at least half our list will be moved on in 2 years time.

lamb22 said:
Come off it, He got absolutely crunched with a knee in the back in a marking contest. in instant pain, still got up to lay a tackle.

Its not a breakdown of any sorts , but a recovery issue

Too true Lamby... last week he bit the bullet, was up and laid that tackle in obvious discomfort... top points in my book. I was looking forward to him starting off in the centre this week, long overdue IMHO!