Cousins OUT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cousins OUT

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
The club informed the AFL today that Cousins has been withdrawn from the side to face Adelaide on Sunday. He has been replaced by Thomson.

Anyone heard what has happened?

skybeau said:
Good stuff. It's time my man showed everyone what he's made of.

(if he gets a game, of course)
I'm with ya Skybeau. Must be a two man fan club unfortunately, I still think he has something to offer however. I was jsut in his home town of Murray Bridge too an hour ago. I still hold hope. Does need to work on hsi kicking however.

Hope we are only paying Cuz half of his salary. Seems he can only get out there once a fortnight.

Still I bet he isn't too injured to spruik his doco on OTC Tuesday evening. ::)

His body is obviously starting to have the breakdowns so many of the over 30's get with the pace of the game nowadays. Must be bloody so frustrating for the guy.

Tubytiger said:
His body is obviously starting to have the breakdowns so many of the over 30's get with the pace of the game nowadays. Must be bloody so frustrating for the guy.

Come off it, He got absolutely crunched with a knee in the back in a marking contest. in instant pain, still got up to lay a tackle.

Its not a breakdown of any sorts , but a recovery issue

hopper said:
Hope we are only paying Cuz half of his salary. Seems he can only get out there once a fortnight.

WTF ...Cuz is injured thats why hes not playing as for his doco well done on promoting it.

lamb22 said:
Come off it, He got absolutely crunched with a knee in the back in a marking contest. in instant pain, still got up to lay a tackle.

Yer, probably should not of said a breakdown of the body on this occassion. It will be his last year anyway as his body is just not upto the rigours of AFL anymore. Hopefully will stay on in some sort of capacity next year with the onballers but it is obvious that he is finished this year.

hopper said:

Bit harsh there Hopper

hopper said:

Shocking post.

His on a pretty minimul pay anyway.

lamb22 said:

Older players tend to recover more slowly too. Let's face it he is finding it hard to get on the field regularly these days.

GoodOne said:
Older players tend to recover more slowly too. Let's face it he is finding it hard to get on the field regularly these days.

Noted, but he looked to be in real trouble instantly in that marking contest.

mexican_radio said:
oh by the way, looking at the teams in the paper today, we have the youngest average age this week and with Cuz not playing, it's even lower.

yesssssssss!