Collins' game last night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Collins' game last night

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Thought his first half was very ordinary, however, did improve in the second half. With more fitness and game time, I believe his output will increase dramatically.

No 4 said:
Thought his first half was very ordinary, however, did improve in the second half. With more fitness and game time, I believe his output will increase dramatically.

The guy knows how to find the ball, hopefully with more games/fitness he improves his decision making. Some shocking decisions last night and too many u-turns. Good prospect for the future though.

Deledio/Cotchin/Martin/Foley/Collins a good core midfield in 2-3 years

His first several disposals weren't effective but from half way through the first quarter Collins built his confidence and started to get into it. I think he finished off the game pleased with himself and I think Hardwick would be be pleased also.

Can't understand what people see in this kid, i really dont.
Didnt think much of him at Coburg at dont rate him now .

Simply put , his disposal is average at best & he always coughs
it up under pressure.

He's into his 4th season on our list & still people bang on about him
improving his disposal & decision making.

Just can't see it happening,its these types of players that will hold back a rebuild IMO.
He wouldnt get a game with any other AFL club.

Uncle said:
Can't understand what people see in this kid, i really dont.
Didnt think much of him at Coburg at dont rate him now .

Simply put , his disposal is average at best & he always coughs
it up under pressure.

He's into his 4th season on our list & still people bang on about him
improving his disposal & decision making.

Just can't see it happening,its these types of players that will hold back a rebuild IMO.
He wouldnt get a game with any other AFL club.
Finally someone agrees with me. That is exactly what I have thought of Collins since his impressive debut - he just hasn't shown that much, and even when I've seen him at Coburg he's been disappointing. His skills are ordinary, he's too light and just doesn't seem like a player.

gee, alot of you guys must come from the TW school of talent spotting, this kid can play, make no bones about it. Finds it, doesnt get caught and uses it...Sure he wasn't at 100% efficiency, not many are in < 15 games...But he sure as heck is off to a fine start in his league career avg near 20 possies a game

Getting that fitness level back after a shocking time of it pre season.

The kid can play, a goal kicking midfielder is vital and he can become one. Have been told he is one of the hardest workers on the track, hopefully by mid season the likes of Collins, Connors and Foley all get going and we will show up a few teams.

His last three quarters were very good, saw signs he is returning back to his best. Good signs for us.

deledio3 said:
Finally someone agrees with me. That is exactly what I have thought of Collins since his impressive debut - he just hasn't shown that much, and even when I've seen him at Coburg he's been disappointing. His skills are ordinary, he's too light and just doesn't seem like a player.

You must have missed the majority of his games last year then.

I'm definitely on the Collins bandwagon.
I love his composure in traffic, he has some super vision and creative disposal
Sure some of them don't come off, but he's only just getting back up to AFL level after a shocking run in the preseason

ZeroGame said:
I'm definitely on the Collins bandwagon.
I love his composure in traffic, he has some super vision and creative disposal
Sure some of them don't come off, but he's only just getting back up to AFL level after a shocking run in the preseason

well said, a terrific attribute, to maintain balance and note that he doesn't get caught...two special qualities...experience will hone some rougher edges, but he is great material to work with

Pretty much first senior game were his played an inside role as Campbell had him
last year playing mainly outside and running forward, liked what I saw and sure once his body is near100% his kicking efficency will again rise, liked his ability to break tackles, no doubt shows core is getting stronger

CC TIGER said:
.......once his body is near100%.......no doubt shows core is getting stronger
Is he actually stronger? Seems to be injured quite a bit which is concern for a young fella.

Got time for Collins but agree with others he still looks light for his time in the system. (As do a lot of our team).

Elmer said:
Is he actually stronger? Seems to be injured quite a bit which is concern for a young fella.

Got time for Collins but agree with others he still looks light for his time in the system. (As do a lot of our team).
Without giving him an arm wrestle I wouldn't know . Seriously on last night performance he seem to be able to break tackles and bust through better, I know he really struggles to ad weight , however that does not mean he is not getting stronger

Geez, only instant stars are good enough for Richmond according to some. Thought he was easily among our best, and his game was all the more creditable because it was his first since R14 last year and only his 11th overall. It was mentioned last year that Collins' name came up with several coaching interviewees when discussing our brightest prospects.

Edit: Forgot he played last week, 12th game.

Thought his disposal lets him down a lot. But I give him credit last night he did get it a lot.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Geez, only instant stars are good enough for Richmond according to some. Thought he was easily among our best, and his game was all the more creditable because it was his first since R14 last year and only his 11th overall. It was mentioned last year that Collins' name came up with several coaching interviewees when discussing our brightest prospects.

I'm with you L2R2R, I thought he was one of our best last night, his skills let himdown occasionally but for a guy only just into double figures game wise he's looking the goods.

maybe his efficiency would be higher if team mates didn't put him under pressure with a stupid little handball all the time