China | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

China

Didn't the previous government set up strategic fuel reserves.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, those strategic oil reserves for Australia . . . are stored in the USA.

DS
Yeah well I read the same but couldn’t believe it. Not unless the fuel reserves keep getting rotated so the fuel doesn’t degrade and go off.
But why we can’t do that here has got me stumped.
I believe we only have maybe 2 refineries left in Australia now. If that.
We don’t have the capacity to produce and refine enough oil ourselves and it’s cheaper to import refined products. But why we can’t purchase it and then keep rotating that out to the domestic suppliers and fresh batches be stored for a while.

Too bad if China invades Taiwan. The US steps in as we do as one of their chief allies in the Pacific and AUKUS partner.
How do we get those reserves from the US? China would block off sea routes. So our ships and planes wouldn’t be going too far with only limited fuel. (Probably not a bad thing, given we could only offer limited assistance). Unless the Yanks had fuel for everyone in its air tanker fleet and ship bunkers.

Then China would be pissed with Australia for the next 500 years. So no new or replacement solar panels, inverters, wind turbine nacelles, blades, Lithium batteries or their replacements or any proprietary switchgear.
So in effect, get used to living cold and in the dark.

Yeah well I read the same but couldn’t believe it. Not unless the fuel reserves keep getting rotated so the fuel doesn’t degrade and go off.
But why we can’t do that here has got me stumped.
I believe we only have maybe 2 refineries left in Australia now. If that.
We don’t have the capacity to produce and refine enough oil ourselves and it’s cheaper to import refined products. But why we can’t purchase it and then keep rotating that out to the domestic suppliers and fresh batches be stored for a while.

Too bad if China invades Taiwan. The US steps in as we do as one of their chief allies in the Pacific and AUKUS partner.
How do we get those reserves from the US? China would block off sea routes. So our ships and planes wouldn’t be going too far with only limited fuel. (Probably not a bad thing, given we could only offer limited assistance). Unless the Yanks had fuel for everyone in its air tanker fleet and ship bunkers.

Then China would be pissed with Australia for the next 500 years. So no new or replacement solar panels, inverters, wind turbine nacelles, blades, Lithium batteries or their replacements or any proprietary switchgear.
So in effect, get used to living cold and in the dark.

China can block off the whole Pacific Ocean now? Their fleet is bigger than I thought

Reactions: 1 user
Hamas Fatah China have just signed a deal that after Israel war in Gaza they will rule Gaza jointly. How ?.

Hamas Fatah China have just signed a deal that after Israel war in Gaza they will rule Gaza jointly. How ?.
I’m not sure if I read your post correctly.
But hamas and Fatah have signed a unity deal to govern Gaza. China helped broker the deal, they don’t have anything to do with ruling Gaza.

But I’m not sure how hamas and Fatah will work out who’s rules what there.
Israel will no doubt have some influence seeing they’re hellbent on hamas destruction.

I’m not sure if I read your post correctly.
But hamas and Fatah have signed a unity deal to govern Gaza. China helped broker the deal, they don’t have anything to do with ruling Gaza.

But I’m not sure how hamas and Fatah will work out who’s rules what there.
Israel will no doubt have some influence seeing they’re hellbent on hamas destruction.
China brokered the deal & that means Chinese money guns etc etc. Main land Chinese do not broker a deal unless they get something back. When you speak Chinese there are many that are not Mainland Chinese but live in Hong Kong Taiwan Singapore Malaysia Thailand etc etc. Great people not brought up under communist rule.