BT- Worst Commentator in Football | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BT- Worst Commentator in Football

Don't know the man personally but comes across as a pig headed wanker and his football calling leaves a lot to be desired. Does not know many players etc.

Until we get off the bottom of the ladder and become successful again, all these commentors keep grinding their axe but I've learnt to just ignore them.

Brian who? He has never forgiven us for trading his sorry butt out of Tigerland. Who cares what he has to say. He can't string more than a few words together to save himself. He is not very bright and IMO was not a very good player - very over rated.

*smile* me too, especially Walls ,but it will be sweet music when they all jump on board the tiger train in the years to come when we are reguarly whipping the likes of the scum.
Be patient and when we rise once again vent your fury on these hypocritical morons

BT is a good replacement for Rex Hunt - lazy with research and only interested in making big statements regardless of fact.

He is no good at identifying young players - early on Jack hit a contest and he had literally nothing to say about him. There was a few seconds of dead air as the other commentators waited for him to say something. This is a first round pick in his 4th year having to carry the forward line in Richo's absence, kicked 32 goals last year and is on track to kick more than 40 this year and he has a very famous cousin. As PRE shows it is pretty easy to have a whole range of opinions about Jack if you have watched football games sometime in the past 3 years.

God help the football world when we rely on Gary Lyon to point out how good Dustin Martin is - 10th in the AFL in long kicks, 12th in contested possessions and 15th in scoring assists in a team getting flogged every week, from a kid who just turned 19.

hopper said:
I used to be a big fan of BT's. I just reckon lately he's spent too much time with Dwayne Russell and is now trying to sound clever and funny all the time. Comes across as immature and condescending though.

McAvaney is till my man. Looks for interesting things in the game and not just psuedo witicisms. Doesn't commentate as though he's looking down his nose at the game.

I think they could all learn a lot from Bruce. Never condesending to any team. Just seems to enjoy the game and always does his homework.

His commentary was horrible - not because he bagged Richmond but because he didn't even have the profesisonalism to learn our new players' names. For someone getting paid to do a job that is pathetic. As for his knowledge of football he doesn't come across as being very insightful or smart.

I'm no longer concerned with the style of any commentator.
I'm concerned with the substance of their commentating.

With more people than ever playing in Fantasy Football Leagues, all we need is that all the players are called in a set passage of play.
I no longer give a rats about any of the commentators stupid little stories while play is happening.

Some telecasts have such a long shot and they still manage to talk about everything except the 3 possessions they have just missed. The camera shot is so far away you have to guess what player it is by their running style or movement.

Commentators need to shut up and just call the play.....AND PLAYERS!!
The game is too fast now for their dribble while play is going on.

Anthony Hudson for mine.

Have heard him bag a number of young players for various teams. And he himself being such an outstanding footballer.

Streak said:
Anthony Hudson for mine.

Have heard him bag a number of young players for various teams. And he himself being such an outstanding footballer.
[/quot
Fair call, of the ex players Nathan Thompson talks as if he was a cross between Archer and Carey..

Dwayne Russell, by a mile. :mad: Commentary today was so biased. Even in the last quarter he could not find a free kick to the Tigers ABSOLUTE TOSSER :(