BT- Worst Commentator in Football | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BT- Worst Commentator in Football

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
For those subjected to the fox replay last night.

I could forgive BT for laziness/stupidity that he can't bother to hide his dislike of Richmond.

I could even forgive his pompous lectures on 'basic footy' which he uses to distract from the fact his AFL knowledge is 30 years old and he doesn't really know what is happening out there anymore.

But I can't stand his school boy tricks, like dropping the name of the Richmond property steward, which might be impressive if you didn't notice at the start of the game he didn't know who Andy Collins was. 

It was the most vulgar,biased and unprofessional commentary I have ever heard.
Do they even know what the word impartial means?

There are plenty of so-called football experts who love to give it to the Tigers!!

They all love to stick the boots in every chance they can.

Watching the Port v Saints game the other night and Schulz had a bit of a dud kick which was promptly described by Steven Quartermain and Robert Walls as a "Richmond kick"

No sign of sour grapes there hey Wallsy????

Typical Carlscum!!!!

He was shocking wasn't he. Kept on saying that the reason the umpires couldn't bounce properly in the centre was because of the slope of the ground. Err...maybe it was because they were crap?

listening to SEN on my way home to watch the game, Tim Gooseage said "I am looking forward to watching the Docker put away a team tonight" What sort of Commentator, (if you can call that loser that) who should be impartial, states that he his looking forward to watch a team get thrashed??

And typically when we turn it around and are looking good no matter how long they will all sit there and say how they knew it was coming and how they have always supported the club in it's efforts to improve.

Actually I feel sorry for the commentator's.
They must moan when ever they get the job calling our games.

Ronby said:
There are plenty of so-called football experts who love to give it to the Tigers!!

Watching the Port v Saints game the other night and Schulz had a bit of a dud kick which was promptly described by Steven Quartermain and Robert Walls as a "Richmond kick"

Typical Carlscum!!!!

I heard that call, I also noticed when Rodan kicked a goal right through the middle, they didn't then call that a Richmond kick.

They are all a pack of idiots!!

robroy said:
It was the most vulgar,biased and unprofessional commentary I have ever heard.
Do they even know what the word impartial means?

spot on.
Everyone outside of W.A knows that Jakovich was a great footballer but is a shocking football comments man. He knows absolutely nothing about clubs outside of W.A and obviously only watches matches involving Freo and WCE.
What is BT's problem? He actually played for Richmond.
It really annoyed me when Ballantyne staged for 2 free kicks which led to goals and then Riewoldt did exactly the same and they wanted him reported for staging.

I recall one BT comment where he was talking about next week when we play Geelong At Skilled Stadium. There was a very distinct 'snigger' in that. Uncalled for............

Nothing more than a bogun - like he played his football. :mad:

Yeah it was pretty shocking really but that's what I've come to expect from the commentators of our games, it's very easy to point out basic mistakes of a struggling team but did anyone see the Hawks vs North game last night? So many fundamental errors were made that were hardly discussed or mocked like we are. Anyway I'm not gonna have a whinge, these are the types of things that will make it sweeter when we start climbing the ladder again.

I used to be a big fan of BT's. I just reckon lately he's spent too much time with Dwayne Russell and is now trying to sound clever and funny all the time. Comes across as immature and condescending though.

McAvaney is till my man. Looks for interesting things in the game and not just psuedo witicisms. Doesn't commentate as though he's looking down his nose at the game.

There was a bloke commentating on the ABC last night (don't know his name, but also calls the cricket), and at one point said something along the lines of:

"A Richmond player has a free kick on the wing - it looks like Vickery.
No, actually it's Nahas."

And if that wasn't bad enough, he was corrected by another commentator who said"

"Actually, it's Rance".

Ronby said:

Typical Carlscum!!!!

I heard Robert Walls say the same thing. I nearly put my fist through the tv. The *smile* never said, "that was a Richmond kick" when Schulz kicked goals. I never minded Walls before that comment.

He can get stuffed now.

I didn't mind BT on MMM as the call is all very blokey and a big joke. He is out of place in serious game calling due to his brand of comedic calling and ignorance.

Jack said:
I like BT personally

BT is a gun.

Just a few people upset he actually knows when a team aint any good instead of the usual fluff you hear on Channel 10/7