Books and good reads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Books and good reads [Merged]

I have now read all 8 of the Slough House books by Mick Herron.
I have read many spy books over the years. I loved most novels by John Le Carre and Len Deighton was a great favourite of mine with his 3 Bernard Samson trilogies.
Jackson Lamb is a great character. He is disgusting, complex and brilliant all at the same time.
I’m told I should watch the Apple TV series of the first few books and I like Gary Oldman a lot as an actor, but I am worried it won’t be true to the books.
Anyway if you like spy novels they are a great read

Reactions: 1 user
Finally read Richard Flanagan‘s masterpiece The Narrow Road to the Deep North.

Totally flawed people doing great things, Dorrigo Evans, what a character.

I have now read all 8 of the Slough House books by Mick Herron.
I have read many spy books over the years. I loved most novels by John Le Carre and Len Deighton was a great favourite of mine with his 3 Bernard Samson trilogies.
Jackson Lamb is a great character. He is disgusting, complex and brilliant all at the same time.
I’m told I should watch the Apple TV series of the first few books and I like Gary Oldman a lot as an actor, but I am worried it won’t be true to the books.
Anyway if you like spy novels they are a great read

The TV series is great. I haven't read the novels but I want to.

Reactions: 1 user