Barry Hall | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Barry Hall

walhalla tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 16, 2007
Just a quick note to all who pooh poohed suggestions made to secure his services. People can, and do, change. Also, I predict that Footscray will go through undefeated and win the flag. Hall will win the Coleman medal.

walhalla tiger said:
Just a quick note to all who pooh poohed suggestions made to secure his services. People can, and do, change. Also, I predict that Footscray will go through undefeated and win the flag. Hall will win the Coleman medal.
Lets wait to the fair dinkum stuff starts.

walhalla tiger said:

takes a very VERY special team to go through undefeated. I'd take this bet against you.

walhalla tiger said:

You reckon we were a chance to snag him over the bulldogs?

Plus as an extreme short term option he's not what we need.

walhalla tiger said:
Just a quick note to all who pooh poohed suggestions made to secure his services. People can, and do, change. Also, I predict that Footscray will go through undefeated and win the flag. Hall will win the Coleman medal
He's got more chance of winning the Robbie "Mad Dog" Muir Medal :blowingup

walhalla tiger said:

I still pooh pooh those suggestions. What on earth would a 31 yo with a short fuse do to help the long-term future of the RFC? Hall is a good player but he's on the wrong side of the age stick. Bulldogs are in their premiership window. They have the next two years to capitalise on that window so it made total sense for them to take the risk. Good luck to them. Bulldogs will do well but undefeated and a flag this year? That's a wishful statement.

IanG said:
You reckon we were a chance to snag him over the bulldogs?

Plus as an extreme short term option he's not what we need.
A perfect fit for the Doggies, one or two years left in the body and them sitting right on the edge of a flag tilt.
Could you imagine how many opposition defenders he'd belt the crap out of if he had to cop a few years of our round in circles, via the cape turnover footy.

walhalla tiger said:

he is 5 seconds away from biffing someone, everything is rosy now just wait till they are down 5 goals and he hasnt touched it... get out of his way.
Undeafeted?, they will be lucky if they win round 1

What's our club doing? They've been sitting on their laurels, they had the opportunity to get Bradshaw or Hall and what did we do? We kept Polak! ;D

walhalla tiger said:
And then I woke up

geoffryprettyboy said:
What's our club doing? They've been sitting on their laurels, they had the opportunity to get Bradshaw or Hall and what did we do? We kept Polak! ;D

I reckon we should have had a geriatric focus, could have made ourselves a ready-made spine: Bradshaw FF, Hall CHF, Fletcher CHB, Harley FB. Man we could have kicked ass but once again our recruiters have failed miserably.

GoodOne said:
I reckon we should have had a geriatric focus, could have made ourselves a ready-made spine: Bradshaw FF, Hall CHF, Fletcher CHB, Harley FB. Man we could have kicked ass but once again our recruiters have failed miserably
You forget about Lade in the ruck for one more season :D

I have enjoyed watching Bazza play during the pre season comp. I wish him well, I get the impression it's both his own life and football life that are improving side by side. I can't help the feeling though that one moment of madness will be enough to bring it all down in flames.

Hayfever said:
You forget about Lade in the ruck for one more season :D

Yeah was actually toying with that idea but what sort of loyalty message would that send when we already have a geriatric ruckman in Simmonds. ;D

dogs were dumb. they should have made a play for fev. would have got 5 years out of him instead of 1-2 for hall. seriously, its this year or nothing for the dogs. their window is closed if they don't go all the way.

Very amused at all who are ajumping on the Doggie/Hall bandwagon. As mentioned lets wait til seasons end before making verdicts.