Anyone else think it might be better to play Adelaide ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone else think it might be better to play Adelaide ?

IanG said:
If you don't think this will give Richmond motivation next week then you're not thinking it through.

yep, it'll be huge motivation. players thrive on this stuff.

pessimistic_ said:
Why should Richmond need extra motivation for a final?

finals intensity plus anger will take us a long way.

north have put themselves on the back foot.

don't forget, we love being the hunter.

CarnTheTiges said:
I think Hardwick has played it best, quoting Dennis Pagan and saying 'you don't flirt with form'.

IMO

Scott nailed it:

We are doing the best thing for:

Our club
Our players
Our team
Our fans all three

TO WIN FINALS

CarnTheTiges said:
I think Hardwick has played it best, quoting Dennis Pagan and saying 'you don't flirt with form'.

yep. this will get into Scotts feeble mind.

The players will always try the best they can

It's more a question of coaches, selectors general management of the club

Carter said:
yep, it'll be huge motivation. players thrive on this stuff.

absolutely spot on..footy is just about players mentality as it is physicality these days.....
simply put we just cannot let this work for north,,,how dare they show such contempt and disrespect for the game....

No to Adelaide. They are in RED hot form, a few weeks back they kicked 11.22 (should have been 22.11) !!! and close to 100 pt loss!!!

North, similar to Collingwood, defeated almost " no one" in the 7 game winning streak (apart From Freo at Ettihad) before their loss to the Dogs has defeated - Cats, Ess, Lions, Car, Melb, St Kilda, Freo.

Bring North on, they have had the wood on us in recent times, we have been close and now its time to turn the tables (like we did with Collingwood this year)

pessimistic_ said:
Richmond are the ones playing a dangerous game

Selecting best side for a next to nothing match

Playing finals vs. a side that will be fit and fresh

Suitable net 'handle'. Only thing better would be Whomper1.

pessimistic_ said:
Why should Richmond need extra motivation for a final?

Yeah motivation probably isn't the best word. It's probably more accurate to say we'll go into the final with more confidence and all the external media pressure on North instead of us.

Look at it this way - effectively, Brad Scott has lowered media expectations for us next week.

Thanks Brad!

We would've won anyway, but we appreciate you attracting all the media attention in the lead up to our first finals win with this group.