Anyone else think it might be better to play Adelaide ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone else think it might be better to play Adelaide ?

rush

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2005
I really dont like this situation of playing Norths "B" team and then coming up
against them the following week. I think that psychologically its going to be
a huge advantage to them when they bring their big guns back for game 2.

Dont like Adelaide either but we have generally traveled well this year and
if we can keep Big Tex quiet I reckon we may even be better off.

I don't care anymore. I reckon psychologically the a and b team factor could go either way. I also see your point. What would Adelaide be. Thinking while sides are apparently bending over backward to avoid playing them? at various stages this year freo, hawthorn, West Coast, and now Adelaide have raised eyebrows with good form. Will it continue? Who knows. What I do know is things change quick.

Our last trip to Adelaide wasn't that flash :p When we had our great interstate form I was looking forward to playing Adelaide, but as it got closer I was less enthusiastic and it was a terrible game by us - they should have smashed us too!

I'm happy to stay in Melb and rack 2 wins against the Roos to go some way to evening up the recent ledger.

The problem for us is now that 'everyone' is expecting us to win - if it is a close game that we just manage to get over the line then the Roos will be super confident the next week. I hope we smash them, but if they put a bunch of kids in that are just given license to run and take the game on then it could be close.

I reckon the Adelaide game was a bit of an aberration for us......Deledio was out crook and there were strong suggestions that several who played had some sort of virus....and with maybe the exception of Martin, plenty of them looked really listless.....anyway.....I would expect us to perform a lot better against them next time, regardless of where we play them.

rush said:

agreed

Look at the Kanga's draw, other than their slightly lucky Freo victory are they really to be feared? The crows recent form is scary.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tg-kangaroos

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Look at the Kanga's draw, other than their slightly lucky Freo victory are they really to be feared? The crows recent form is scary.

crows cant complain if they need to rely on the 8th team to beat the 5th team to secure a home final. they have played 1 finalist, the Weagles, twice.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Agree with both comments. Crows could pull something special out, whereas North risk players coming back a bit short of intensity. North is good at its best but not scary.

rush said:

Agree.

We match up on Adelaide far better. North own us.

I really couldn't care less who we beat.

We're a class above.

I'm loving the mentality coming out of our club right now. Reckon they're mentally capable of winning a premiership, whereas in the past I thought we were mostly set for making finals.

67 special said:
I reckon the Adelaide game was a bit of an aberration for us......Deledio was out crook and there were strong suggestions that several who played had some sort of virus....and with maybe the exception of Martin, plenty of them looked really listless.....anyway.....I would expect us to perform a lot better against them next time, regardless of where we play them.

Whilst probably true, Adelaide's form since suggests you probably don't want to be playing them in Adelaide first round of finals.

I think Scott thinks he is smarter than he actually is (given the up and down form of the Kangas for many years now)

My North mates at work are really really worried about this tactic - they think it is a really high risk strategy and will only work if North manage to beat us tomorrow night, and given they played so badly against WC, this approach doesn't make sense to them.

I agree on one condition - that they don't play dirty tomorrow night (which North may do)

On Adelaide - I couldn't see us playing so badly against them again, but happy not to test that theory in another game in Adelaide - at the G - well that's a different proposition.

I think Scott playing a dangerous game, Totally disrespecting RFC and is pretty much saying to his playing group , lets play Richmond in the elimination final because they will be easy beats. I hope Dimma/Choco and co let our players know it next week if we meet them again, just as a little more motivating Factor . Nice little quotes before the game from Coaching staff.

Also last time North had there bye the next week GC flogged them by 75 points.

Richmond are the ones playing a dangerous game

Selecting best side for a next to nothing match

Playing finals vs. a side that will be fit and fresh

pessimistic_ said:
Richmond are the ones playing a dangerous game

Selecting best side for a next to nothing match

Playing finals vs. a side that will be fit and fresh

If you don't think this will give Richmond motivation next week then you're not thinking it through.