Andrew Collins's Goal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Collins's Goal

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I must have seen a better goal than the one Andrew Collins kicked against the Saints on Friday. But I can't remember it.

And even if I could I can swear right now that I've never seen a better class of goal.

Hopelessly out of postion (not to mention slow) with a defender running onto a loose ball Collins (too far back for anything but a late tackle) dived and raked the ball in with his ... left? Then in a single motion, turned and set it for a left foot soccer goal. With a defender moving between his logiacl aim and the target he nutmegged the mofe.

It all took place in maybe a second. The most brilliantly conceived and executed goal I can remember.

Didn't make the list for goal of the week. (If Brownlow Bartel had kicked it he would have a suburb named after him - but let's face it he would never have had the smarts to do it.)

It's all about reputation. Collins's goal was historic genius.

Dyer'ere said:
Didn't make the list for goal of the week. (If Brownlow Bartel had kicked it he would have a suburb named after him - but let's face it he would never have had the smarts to do it.)

LOL

Tigers of Old said:
Was certainly a nice goal Jack.
Knows how to find them does Andy. A valuable asset of his.

Agreed. Something Collins does have in is favour is that he is a goal kicking midfielder, something that the RFC has lacked for a while.

hopper said:
I thought that goal was just dumb luck, to be honest.

the kick maybe but the work to keep his feet and push of saints player was brilliant

hopper said:
I thought that goal was just dumb luck, to be honest.

The fact that Collins backed himself and had a go at it is good enough for me.

muppets-beaker.jpg

Dyer'ere said:
I must have seen a better goal than the one Andrew Collins kicked against the Saints on Friday. But I can't remember it.

And even if I could I can swear right now that I've never seen a better class of goal.

Hopelessly out of postion (not to mention slow) with a defender running onto a loose ball Collins (too far back for anything but a late tackle) dived and raked the ball in with his ... left? Then in a single motion, turned and set it for a left foot soccer goal. With a defender moving between his logiacl aim and the target he nutmegged the mofe.

It all took place in maybe a second. The most brilliantly conceived and executed goal I can remember.

It's all about reputation. Collins's goal was historic genius.
PRE should put you on the payroll, Jack

Completely off topic. I have just been watching the replay online and have been away all week. Did Hayes get reported for that slap on Webberley in the first 1/4? I just had a good look at it and he is obviously looking right at Webberley when he deliberately slaps him and nearly knocks him out. Anyone who knows anything about fighting knows that an open palm is often better than a punch. If it had have been a fist, he would have got several weeks.

In the Blood said:
Completely off topic. I have just been watching the replay online and have been away all week. Did Hayes get reported for that slap on Webberley in the first 1/4? I just had a good look at it and he is obviously looking right at Webberley when he deliberately slaps him and nearly knocks him out. Anyone who knows anything about fighting knows that an open palm is often better than a punch. If it had have been a fist, he would have got several weeks.
He got reported, reprimand with 60 points for an early guilty plea. Still eligible for the Brownlow.

I thought Reiwoldt's soocer chip goal the week before v Port was pretty good. no one really mentioned it though. You don't see that type of goal very often, infact I dont think Ive ever seen something like it.